ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 3000 question

Clio 172 Cup (stage 1)
My Clio Cup 172 sport has 200bhp, it was like that when i bought it from a great guy in stirling 6 months ago. I have had so much fun in it, its like a wee go kart, i was wondering what bhp has the 3 litre V6.

I was thinking LAD tbh.

Cruisecontroller - did you not want to ask them where the 200bhp came from ??
As that would be the first question on any ones mind.
Have you got any proof of it ??

Clio 172 & Laguna ST
Why does a 24 valve 3 litre sports tuned engune only manage 230 or 255bhp? (I have a simple Laguna V6 that produces 210bhp). It seems disproportionately little extra compared to a 2 litre engine that produces 172 or 182bhp. Any insights?

tiTTy & SV650
its the same engine as your Laguna, effectively it's a Laguna driven into the back of a clio.

Lionel Richie
lots of incorrect statements in this thread!

the V6 230 and 255 engines are both detuned (fairly substantially) from the approx 280bhp race engine i believe

until you've owned one (not test driven) IMO you can't really comment on their performace, in real world terms their alot quicker than people give them credit for

Race engine, 280bhp, 3 litres, 93bhp/litre?

Not much is it?

There's a few NA road cars with higher relative (or is it specific?) outputs than that's got.

For the race series renault sport were pretty adamant that no human intervention should come into play duing the engine assembly, so its all robots basically. Its a pretty basic engine and the spec is not far off the road car.......it wasnt meant to make alot of power. We all know what would happen with that flippy floppy rear end if racers had alot of power.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Knowing what 1*2 engines come off the line like, I'd have thought automated process would have meant wide variations in power...or were they finished by hand?

Off topic slightly...is balancing a worthwhile effort Ben?

On something with 80k that might need some TLC?

The F4R engines come out of the factory pretty damn consistent tbh. They only carry on size of bearing shells so rotating and reciptrocating components are machined really well. Ports are CNC'd, cams are all equal, pistons only have very very small tolerance range.

All let down by the way they are run in on synthetic and the inlet manifold varience.

Oh, and and its always worth checking the balance for the sake of 10 mins work, but if its fine dont bother touching it.