ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Box / Standard Box / JMS / Other ?

ValverInBits
No great gains to be had. V6 box if you can do it really cheap. BMC CDA are good but fairly expensive. Concentrate on a nice cold air source (not air from behind the rad) I've no experience with the JMS box. Matched inlets are cheap gains @ around £120 for a few bhp.

Ph2 Clio 172
What do you want? Sound, or power?

Pretty much nothing you can do simply with the airbox will increase power. You can however make some fairly noticable changes to the noise with airbox/filters. Or you could take the free route and uncouple the cold air feed pipe to get some boom.

But power wise, filters are pointless.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've got the V6 airbox JMS kit, although their rolling road test states a 10bhp gain,
no-one on here has seen any real increase in power including me.

An extra 10bhp would be noticeable, when I remapped mine with a RSTuner box it only gave me 6-8bhp
and I noticed it straight away, an extra 10bhp from a V6box would be noticeable instantly.

I don't feel like I lost any power it just makes a much better noise, but seeing as it's on the car I might aswell
keep it.

As for matched inlets, alot of people say it's one of the best breathing mods, but they diddn't do a damn thing for me
I should have spent £170 on booze and hookers!

But each car is different.

Clio Sport Cup 172
I've got the V6 airbox JMS kit, although their rolling road test states a 10bhp gain,
no-one on here has seen any real increase in power including me.

An extra 10bhp would be noticeable, when I remapped mine with a RSTuner box it only gave me 6-8bhp
and I noticed it straight away, an extra 10bhp from a V6box would be noticeable instantly.

I don't feel like I lost any power it just makes a much better noise, but seeing as it's on the car I might aswell
keep it.

As for matched inlets, alot of people say it's one of the best breathing mods, but they diddn't do a damn thing for me
I should have spent £170 on booze and hookers!

But each car is different.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm booze and hookers sounds good. car for sale haha.....

ah well, cheers for the replies :) will have a read into some stuff and have a go!
Thanks again