ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Cambelt change!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Just thought I'd share! Got the work done at SG Motorsport, Chippenham :) Very pleased!

veecambelt4.jpg

veecambeltJPG8.jpg

veecambeltJPG7.jpg

veecambeltJPG5.jpg

veecambelt.jpg

veecambeltJPG2.jpg

I know, I know she's dirty down there! :eek:

PH1 V6
bloody hell thats a mammoth job, no wonder it costs a bomb! i would imagine its worth doing engine mounts too if they have never been done... seeing as the engine is out anyway! Bet you wanted to get in there to clean it all lol

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Lol, I wish I didn't live 70 odd miles away or I would have been in polishing away!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
LOL!!

I was expecting this thread to involve pictures of you getting under their feet cleaning away while the engine was out!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
lol, I would of been there cleaning it if i could, believe me!

I couldn't believe how huge the engine is! Lol ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Love it, really makes me jealous.

Looked on ktec and it quoted £550+vat, less than i expected tbh

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
K tec quoted me £1200 but without removing the engine! My Renault garage quoted £1500 without removing the engine too!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I am hopeing to get a full janspeed fitted, just need to save a few more pennies as they're like £1500!!

Discounted 1*2 parts
engine doesn't need to come out on the v6's to do the cambelt, looks like the garage went through a lot of hassle for no reason

good job all the same tho

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
come on then mag, ho much? im seriously thinking of upgrading to a V6 next year...

need to be prepared!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Scott is about the best in the business, you are correct however, the motor does not need to come out, but it's a hell of alot easier to access!

Good call. I need mine done end of next year and i will be taking it to SG Motorsport.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
By whom? Renault take it out, did with mine, i would assume most* follow the workshop manual.

ITB'd MK1
I THINK you also have to drop the twingo engine to do it :(

not done one yet, but it's very tight in the mk3 clio so i imagine it will be fun and games in the twingo. I wonder if you still have to remove the entire aux assembly to get the water pump off a twingo???

Inferno 182 CUP
not done one yet, but it's very tight in the mk3 clio so i imagine it will be fun and games in the twingo. I wonder if you still have to remove the entire aux assembly to get the water pump off a twingo???

anyone you could ask to find out?

would be nice to know lol if it is ill sell it before belt time :p