ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Clio didn’t do very well today..

GR7

Shiny red R32

Anyone from here at Knockhill today for the F3/GT Championship?

I have just been talking to some friends who have been to watch the car racing at Knockhill today and apparently the V6 Clio didnt complete its race (32/44 laps) neither did the Jag XK8 (2/44 laps). It was up against a Golf GTi 1.8 Turbo, three TVRs (one was Shane Lynch ex Boyzone who came 3rd), a Lotus Elise (finished last) several Marcos & Morgans, two Mosler MT900R (1st & 2nd) a Porsche GT3, Ferrari 360 and a couple of other cars.

Pity about the V6 Clio!! :(

yea, saw them at snet....didnt do well there either.....

you cant really though, poor chassis and i dont think he had done much to the engine.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 12 May 2003

Yea, saw them at snet....didnt do well there either.....
you cant really though, poor chassis and i dont think he had done much to the engine.

Just looked back at other results and the V6 Clio has only completed one race this season when it came 12th at Donington. Excuse my ignorance, but what are these Moslers which always come first and second. The ex Boyzone guy Shane Lynch seems to always come third in his TVR.

I was there yesterday - good day, dry (mostly) but very cold.
When I first arrived I thought excellent theres a v6 racing - but was quickly disappointed when it went straight on at the hairpin and couldnt get out of the gravel :- (

In the second GT race I got to see the v6 more and it was ok, but defintely struggling - some of those GT cars have 700-800bhp :)

The one car that did impress was the golf turbo - I believe that thing must be at least 300bhp as it was keeping up with the ferrari 360 challenge up the hill ;-)

Nelson Pique - former F1 driver - was there handing out the trophies. His 17 yer old son was competeing in the f3 and WON.