ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Clio....Fleet!

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
ha ha....cheers mate! did you go to the meet today? i think i saw some pictures of your car on "clio media"?

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
SAM_0111.jpg
??????????????????

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
sadly i didnt go! ended up spending the day with my girlfriend! shocking i know! Planned to go but then my mate cancelled as hes now trying to sell his 182 so ended up not going. we need to get a meet sorted soon around this area.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Ah.. never mind mate. I'll give Couzens or Luke is it? a nudge to sort out a meet somewhere!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Whats going on with that V6? It looks like it's been painted in primer????....

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Whats going on with that V6? It looks like it's been painted in primer????....

Shut it Scottish..

The amount of times you've had yours painted, I'd have thought you'd have chosen something better than common by now.. :p

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
ive seen that car in the flesh...looks awesome! and sounds good aswell. Surely not standard?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Got to be honest, not a fan of Lunar grey - it does just look like primer and I'd suggest that the reason why only 4 were painted in that colour, would have been fear of them not selling.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Suprised I've not spotted this yet, I work in Fleet too.

<3 LG, looks awesome mate.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Of course Lunar Grey isnt to everyones taste, like any other colour (or lack of before Ali starts again lol). Some times I wish I still had my Black Gold v6, as when that was waxed up it looked fantastic! But Lunar Grey is just such a different 'colour'. Looking at it in pictures just doesn't do it justice.

So to clarify a few comments or questions;

Alex - It has a full Janspeed system with sports cats and manifolds.

Jamie - All i.d. colours were made to order only, at an additional cost of somewhere in the region of £1.5k - £1.8k. Hence limited numbers, and the waiting time for the cars was hence increased. Liquid Yellow had to go through the paint shop 3 or 4 times for different processes! That and Lunar was quite a bold colour choice back in 2004/5 lol

Danny - All the Lunars except mine have leather i.d. option. 2 had FULL leather in blue, inc alcantara roof lining, engine covers the lot. Both commissioned by RUK. One has Creme leather seats steering wheel, dash strips.. gaitors etc. Mine is the only UK Lunar with the standard interior. (Now with trendlines)

Luke - Think its you I see from time to time in the mornings.. usually in my van though.. or the 172.. lol

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
Looking at it in pictures just doesn't do it justice.
Anyone who saw it on sunday would agree. Its not easy to get the paint looking that 'wet', especially with Lunar. What products do you actually use to get it looking like that? For me its quite easy, AG super resin polish, AG HD wax then poor boys sealant- but i still want more wow factor.