ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 fuel consumption

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Cheers Fred. I don't know whether to get one just to say i've had one.

All i know is that there slooooooow lol

MKIII 138
cant be that slow its 1400kg and 252bhp thats the same as the new meg 250 (although that probably has loads more turbo torque) and apart from the mazda mps and the focus rs from factory not many other hatches have matched that power + weight.

id imagine a decent intake and remap after a good service would improve things a lot.

however the odd ball handling and weight distribution would be more of concern on some twisty fast b roads (with all the varrying surface and weather conditions they bring)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'd have thought they'd be fairly equal with an E36 M3... Subway posted a 0-100 video and IIRC it was just under 15 seconds, which isn't a far cry from a E36 M3.

Insignia SRi
I was kinda thinking of going either the V6 or M3 route for my next car.

My old man has just bought a brand new Merc C270 and the build quality on the german cars is brilliant!!!

A ANIMAL
I was kinda thinking of going either the V6 or M3 route for my next car.

My old man has just bought a brand new Merc C270 and the build quality on the german cars is brilliant!!!

Are you suggesting french build quality it bad??

Just dont try to ghetto inlet match the next one ;)

around town 20-23, motorway 26-34mpg.

after a few mods and some weight saving, my mk1 is circa 200bhp/tonne and ive found to be about the same pace as an E36 M3.

Also not forgetting that you get 100% power down, with no wheelspin... it's certainly not a slow car.

It wouldn't keep up with an m roadster, but is definately a hoot to drive. You would miss that roof off action in the summer though!

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Around town low 20's, Motorway low/mid 30's but I did do Bristol to Bournemouth and back with a fair bit of traffic constantly moving and averaged 29mpg not touching a motorway once.

Insignia SRi
Haha, you should see the state of it after he had a go at some DIY inlet polishing!!!!

Gona spend most of sunday trying to sort it out!!! lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
15-17 round town
23 Extra urban
late 20's on Motorway at about 85-90ish.

And yes they are SLOW! lol. But i don't really care!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
15-17 round town
23 Extra urban
late 20's on Motorway at about 85-90ish.

And yes they are SLOW! lol. But i don't really care!

I'm with you on that. I just want one to say i've owned one and tried one.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
About 2.5-3 seconds behind an M3 then, so slow ;) tbh, i dont think you buy a Clio V6 to go fast (cos it will try & kill you lol), you buy it to ponce about in attracting thee ladiiies ...

LOL! I need to drive mine more then! NO POON! ;)

Vee should of had 100brake more then it would be awesome all round!

I'd take the vee over the BM/Caterham anyday tbh! Just hope it's as good as i remember when i drive it for the first time this weekend! :)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
About 2.5-3 seconds behind an M3 then, so slow ;) tbh, i dont think you buy a Clio V6 to go fast (cos it will try & kill you lol), you buy it to ponce about in attracting thee ladiiies ...

Ha, I was talking about an E36 M3, 46 would waste one but E36's aren't 12 seconds to 100 fast.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
mine averages about 14mpg but doesnt bother me really, if i wanted a economical car with a boot and 4 seats i'd have gone for something different! do it whilst you can afford to i say