ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 replica

none of tehm are spot on, but some look realy good and need very minor things to finish off on the other hand though some look rediculous.

why ? because insurence would be alot cheeper on a 1.2 that looked like a v6 than a v6 that was a v6, so you have the stunning looks of a v6 but not the insurence

so "why?" is a bit of stupid question realy seeing as im sure you knoww hy and me writing that paragraph above was pointless

Black Gold Meggy 225

Surely one of the unique things about owning a V6 is its looks, and I would be pretty miffed If i do get one to find that someone has taken a stickle brick and macano set to a 1.2 - why not just wait like the rest of us have, earn you NCB and when your a proper grown you can own a proper grown ups car?

Clio v6

Questions from other buyers

Q.\Hi mate could you show me some pics of the mid engine and possibly a few sound clips?

Quote: Originally posted by D_0_4_7 on 27 March 2005

Surely one of the unique things about owning a V6 is its looks, and I would be pretty miffed If i do get one to find that someone has taken a stickle brick and macano set to a 1.2 - why not just wait like the rest of us have, earn you NCB and when your a proper grown you can own a proper grown ups car?
some people dont want to wait, at the end of the day with a few little things that will look exactly like a v6 from the outside and everyone who sees it is going to think its a v6, i drive a 1.2 with valver parts onit, are you saying im not a grown up? some people dont see the point in paying the huge insurence prices when your young so they get a car and make it look pretty untill the insurence comes down, but hey what do i know im just a kid.

Elise/VX220/R26

a v6 aint exactly pretty though is it? they are pretty grusome looking things but the fact theres a 3.0 engine in the back makes you forgive that. Dont particularly see anything wrong doing a PROPER conversion with the arches and spacing the wheels out but just shoving a bumper on is not good enough

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 27 March 2005

a v6 aint exactly pretty though is it? they are pretty grusome looking things but the fact theres a 3.0 engine in the back makes you forgive that. Dont particularly see anything wrong doing a PROPER conversion with the arches and spacing the wheels out but just shoving a bumper on is not good enough
Well exactly, its not just about the looks, its about the performance. Id be mortified driving a 1.2 dressed up to look like a V6, especially with a bodykit weighing it down and making it even slower :cry:. Its bad enough having Nova-owners thinking theyve left a 172 standing, let alone a V6.

you wouldnt race your 1.2 though would you, id rather drive a 1.2 that looked like a v6 than a 1.2 that was normal.. and im pretty sure most people would, who cares if people think theve just left a 172?? when they come to race a real one they will lose and the owners of real 172s/182s know the truth so waht does it matter what someone you dont know thinks?

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by midge on 28 March 2005

id rather drive a 1.2 that looked like a v6 than a 1.2 that was normal.. and im pretty sure most people would
lol, Im quite sure the majority wouldnt want to. Ive nothing against making a car look as nice as it can, but blatently mimicking the top model from the lowest is a bit sad in most peoples book. Imagine the looks youd get at the garage.........until the spectators die laughing when you start a 1.2 :p

Btw, Im not stuck-up or anything, Ive owned plenty of sh*t cars (which would make a 1.2 clio look like luxury) but I wouldnt have done the above.

fine to make a car look better than standard,, but dont do it up like another model in the range as people will know that its not a V6, even if u pull away normally it wont sound like a v6

if u have a 1.2 lowered and some nice wheels, thats it, dont go making it like something that it isnt

Quote: Originally posted by midge on 27 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by D_0_4_7 on 27 March 2005

some people dont want to wait, at the end of the day with a few little things that will look exactly like a v6 from the outside and everyone who sees it is going to think its a v6, i drive a 1.2 with valver parts onit, are you saying im not a grown up? some people dont see the point in paying the huge insurence prices when your young so they get a car and make it look pretty untill the insurence comes down, but hey what do i know im just a kid.
Why not save the money thats been spent (wasted) making the 1.2 a V6-a-like and put it towards a better car? Thats what the waiting comment is about. Is it really that hard just to save your money and wait until you can afford to buy/run/insure a reasonable car?

I accept the argument that people want to make their car nice/individual and by all means make your car pretty(?) and improve the brakes/suspension but at the end of the day realise you are just spending dead money (money you have no hope of recouping in a re-sale) that could be saved towards your next car.

Does a 1.2 with coilovers, a big brake conversion, 16" alloys, an induction kit and a superchip really have a status advantage over an unmodified 1.4? Is it really cheaper to insure once the mailto:cr@p"> mods have been declared to the insurance company? Or does it make youre genitals bigger or you more attractive to the opposite sex? I dont get it. I probably never will.

Ive got a maxi replica because i cant afford a really maxi does that make me some sad little kid?

I can see exactly why hed do it. I bet it looks loads better than most of his mates cars and when he can afford something faster im sure hell get it.

Mark

I was never posting about it being sad (people can have their own opinions about that).

I just think its a giant waste of money(imho). It probably does look better than his mates cars but does that make it a better car?

i think it makes it better than a standard 1.2 yes. i see whay your saying about a waste of money. What its cost him to build would almost be the same as a cheap mk1 V6 in a few years. but if you were 18 and couldnt afford to insure anything would you at least want something that people respected?

Mark

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

would piss me off if i owned a v6 to see a 1.2 tarted up liek a v6, just like it currently pisses me off seeing all the local boy racers having 2.0 badges on their 1.2 sheds.

Sinclair C5

Quote: Originally posted by case on 29 March 2005

but if you were 18 and couldnt afford to insure anything would you at least want something that people respected?

Mark
Im sorry but he has lost all respect driving round in that......thing. I have more respect for a young lad driving round in a mailto:sh@t">sh@t heap because it shows he has a sense of humour, mind you that guy must have a good sense of humour too :D

Its not the fact that its a v6 replica that gets on my tits. All replicas based on base model cars annoy me (and those silly mr2/Ferrari 355 things.)

Anyway who cares? Its not my money thats being wasted.

If people are getting respected for owning cars it is a fairly sad indictment on societies values. I dont know whos worse the respectors or those seeking respect.

Punto/Clio GTT

if it was called..i dunno .. lets say.. Maxim Wide Arch Kit... people would look at it alot differently. cause its a replica though its gettin slated a bit. imo that looks absolutely stunning and top notch as bodykits go.

Black Gold Meggy 225

when I asked the seller if it came with a free air guitar, instead of a normal head unit, I didt get the politest of answers.

lol

matchbox V6 anyone?

[Edited by D_0_4_7 on 3/29/2005 9:59:25 PM]

There was someone one here at Christmas that had turned his 1.2 into a V6 look a like. He works at Source Sounds in Sheffield. He used all official Renault parts. It does look good and he has 19s on it I think. But he did say the mods so far have cost upto £15,000. Not worth it what so ever in my mind.