ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 turbo

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Spk to MikeT on V6clio.net. He's runnin a twin turbo set up i think...

Was runnin a supercharger, but has since got more power hungry.

Scott @ SGmotorsport is also doing motech stuff and other tuning for the vee to see 300+Bhp.

nice car is mikes car, not over impressed on its performance though, certainly for the money i would of ammagine it cost i'd of expected better

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
nice car is mikes car, not over impressed on its performance though, certainly for the money i would of ammagine it cost i'd of expected better

Your comparing it to your VAG lump which isn't particularly fair imo. Nobody other than a few of the Rallycross boys have touched the vee engine on such tuning levels. The VAG engine in the audi's, seats and VW is widely tuned by an amas of different tuners...

I'd say Mike's done at top job with more to come! :)

Your comparing it to your VAG lump which isn't particularly fair imo. Nobody other than a few of the Rallycross boys have touched the vee engine on such tuning levels. The VAG engine in the audi's, seats and VW is widely tuned by an amas of different tuners...

I'd say Mike's done at top job with more to come! :)

im not compairing to anything mate, im not dissing mikes work in any shape or form, infact top darts to the bloke, all im saying is, with the spec the car has, i myself would expect more:)

dont take that the wrong way its just my oppinion:)

My god, bet those are weapons. Can they put that power down to the road alright?
Gearbox is rubish in stock form (pk6) hence why Mike changed I belive the box will tear itself to shreds in time with loads of torque through it the phase 2 was better but not much.
Its still quite heavy though I belive.

Gearbox is rubish in stock form (pk6) hence why Mike changed I belive the box will tear itself to shreds in time with loads of torque through it the phase 2 was better but not much.
Its still quite heavy though I belive.

yeah its never gonna be light mate i fully agree..the car imo carnt be produceing much torque, for one the 'sedav; box he runs wont handle much more than 350lbs, or at least the ones ive looked at for the clio couldnt, hence why im having one custom built

yeah its never gonna be light mate i fully agree..the car imo carnt be produceing much torque, for one the 'sedav; box he runs wont handle much more than 350lbs, or at least the ones ive looked at for the clio couldnt, hence why im having one custom built
Cool love to know what type your looking at as your engine a bit of a monster spec realy.

Not sure what box he runs but I guess he has a better choise as there a bit more space.

Cool love to know what type your looking at as your engine a bit of a monster spec realy.

Not sure what box he runs but I guess he has a better choise as there a bit more space.

here you got mate these top fallas are building mine, there based in stoke-on-trent http://www.glebe.co.uk/work.htm

they do an awful lot of work for the tvr race teams and can build anything you could possible need in the way of running gear:)

anyone got a tt lump in there vee? i herd the price for the tt con,or the turbo con is about 10k

for a tt conversion it would cost in excess of 10k mate, for a high spec vag lump (400+hp) will cost that alone!!(not inc gearbox or diff)

to be on the safe side i reakon 15k will see you running:D

his old spec was 440hp from the supercharger.
anyone got a tt lump in there vee? i herd the price for the tt con,or the turbo con is about 10k
Why bother might as well go for the capicity option IMO.[/quote

everybody to there self dude!!... but i put a pound to a penny on it mike as dropped the cc's in his engine, with the amount of torque the 3.0 lump would make the gear box wouldnt cope:)

Lionel Richie
its already done 500bhp (and i'm not talking about mikeT's) ;)

there's a few other surprises you lot don't know, and i'm not saying either!

theres one about dude;)

Yours isn't runnin 500bhp is it??? Last time i seen it, it was coughin and spluttering up the 1/4 mile! And it couldn't get the power down either...

aiii how long was that ago!! its certainly not in the past year!! since then the spec of my car has changed an awful lot!!;)

the car will be running in acsess of 500 hp come january, when ive fitted my re-worked head gt35 turbo and both inlet and exhust manifolds, current horse power is 497 hp@ 1.6 bar, im sure it would of made the power if the vf34 turbo could of withstood the pressures but it was on its arse 1.6 bar!!!

as for not getting the power down i admit shes a devil!!! but i dare say when you saw it, it was running TRACK slicks at pod, well there far to hard of a compund hence it would never of grip'd as it ment to!!

now a run some custom M&H drag radials from the usa with is getting me 1.7 60fts in witch case you carnt argue its not getting the power down!!!

so for at the ''DISSERS'' out there hope this clears it up!!

good luck with your veeeeeeeee projects:)

matt

lift number 1 @ btm
mikes car is currently waiting for a new box, iirc the old one lasted about 5k. the other 300+ one from scott does get the power down ok, i've been out in it. but it has the entire ph2 rear setup, and the front geometry has been changed so there is some lock for when the back does break away.

mikes car is currently waiting for a new box, iirc the old one lasted about 5k. the other 300+ one from scott does get the power down ok, i've been out in it. but it has the entire ph2 rear setup, and the front geometry has been changed so there is some lock for when the back does break away.

yeah that doesnt supprise me mate, seqential boxes in and overall view cannot withstand big torque figures, certainly when i got in contact with sadev about one for mine they couldnt offer anything that would withstand my torque figure for under 9k:eek:

hence why i went to glebemotorsport for a fully custom item witch cost half the price!!!

fair play to mike tho, its clearly gonna be a monster in the future to witch i can give him the thumbs up for doin:)