ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 v 1*2 ..?

clio v6 ph1 230
I can't listen to that vid here, so can't say at the min.

I've driven it once without the covers on & tbh it's really weird (but kind of cool:eek:) hearing all the noises the engine makes. I didn't realise how how hot it gets in there without them on, until I got back in it & realised it was sauna-tastic !

sounds fairly standard to me, mine's a lot deeper, grunty sort of sound..

also the induction noise is right in the passenger side pod.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
love to have a drive of yours sometime Craig, feel mine is not set up correctly on the KW's.....it is so stiff and bouncy it throws the car all over the place.

I am yet to drive a standard car.

J03

MX5 1.8
And then there's the folk that will just never grasp the whole concept of the V6, wether they've been in one or not.

Hows the lardy under powered 1.8 Jap wanna be sports car going btw.? ;)

lol underpowered or not, it doesnt fall apart :rasp: it has set the standards for a long time now ;) true and original. highly accomplished machine in its time and up until now. after 11 years the engine is till producing the same power as it did when it left the factory ;)

LY 182 FF CUPPED
And then there's the folk that will just never grasp the whole concept of the V6, wether they've been in one or not.

Hows the lardy under powered 1.8 Jap wanna be sports car going btw.? ;)

Sunday answered the main reason for owning a Vee for me.......13 x V6 brought the people of RYE to a stand still, only other car that has impact like that is a Veyron!!!

Try that in your 1*2

Clio V6 Mk2 255
IMHO - I think the answer to the question posed depends on the driver ... Not just the launch, but the use of the power/torque and therefore gear-changing ... Perhaps even how much they are prepared to hammer their car to achieve results ... It may also not take much power difference for one car to keep up with another but it takes a hell of a lot more to pass easily ...

That's just in straight line ... Add corners and road conditions and it's a different kettle of fish - with drivers contributing even more ... Whether you are comparing Vees with 1*2 or any other two performance cars ...

The preferences people have regarding one car v another are largely irrelevant cause that's personal taste, opinion, loyalty and affordability ...

Martin

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
LOL. Hi.

There s**t. Don't handle, slower than a 172 in all gears, EGP will melt the glue that holds the bodykit on. s**t on fuel. You'd be beter off with a 2k 172! It's a mystery reno produced a V6 as the 172 is better in every way.............:boring:

Golf R soon...
LOL. Hi.

There s**t. Don't handle, slower than a 172 in all gears, EGP will melt the glue that holds the bodykit on. s**t on fuel. You'd be beter off with a 2k 172! It's a mystery reno produced a V6 as the 172 is better in every way.............:boring:

Haha! Slight sarcasm detected there :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'm Ollie, i don't even own one. Never driven one, couldn't possibly comment. Just read the numerous articles on them. They are very unstable at speed. Ditch seekers IIRC.

ST
I'm Ollie, i don't even own one. Never driven one, couldn't possibly comment. Just read the numerous articles on them. They are very unstable at speed. Ditch seekers IIRC.

IIRC you've got an Enzo?

I seen the manikin blastin it down west george st when i was ruined on sat night in town..

MCS R56
Sunday answered the main reason for owning a Vee for me.......13 x V6 brought the people of RYE to a stand still, only other car that has impact like that is a Veyron!!!

Try that in your 1*2

..."Look at all that plastic those guys have added to their wee Clio!"

They were playing 'point and laugh.'

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
..."Look at all that plastic those guys have added to their wee Clio!"

They were playing 'point and laugh.'

You're a very funny guy gaz..!

I like people that are prepared to think outside the box.. show a little thought and imagination.

They certainly wouldn't be looking twice at a BMW 330 that looks little different to any other 3 series seen on any street in any town all over the world. Nice cars, dont get me wrong.. just too boring for me as a weekend car. Ok to sit on a motorway in, munching up the miles.. lovely. But not even much good around town as most people I know rearly let BMW's out in traffic.. lol ;)

LY 182 FF CUPPED
some people will never ever get the chance to sit in a Vee, let alone have the privilege of owning one.
Admittedly I owned a Racing Blue 182 cup for 2 years, and thought it was an awesome little car, the Vee just feels so distant from it though.

The fact the car can create a 132 post thread ( and counting)....shows its iconic status -ok, it ain't as quick as half the modern cars on the roads today, but that is not why most owners of them cherish them so much.

Most of us don't even drive them quick, we are usually sat drooling over them in the garage - but there are days when the sun is shining, the windows are down and you floor it in 3rd gear ------ that no car under 30k can come close to competing with as far as grin factor is concerned.

If you have not had the chance to get a drive in one...do it now!!!

All of a sudden your 1*2 is akin to an Oral B electric toothbrush.
And your BMW's akin to a company rep car

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yep. With the Vee i used to find excuses to pose! ;) Pointless drives through town just to buy something at the supermarket. Even after 2yrs i still smile. Although mines been off the road over 6 months so i've kind of forgotten what it's like.

Italian 3.2 V6
How are they like reliabiltiy wise (used as a daily car)? I guess the Same as any RS? But more expensive to run..

What's gearbox on them Etc Like...weak? Just alot of people just seem to cruise In them and hardly put there foot down unless it's christmas or birthdays lol.. Or can they be drivin like 1*2's (but by that i dont mean silly n stupid ragging btw) say if u wana have a play with another car or something..

..Basicly are they fragile!?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I drive mine V hard. it's done track days and a trip to the ring! It's well maintained as people know, it's warmed up for 10mins min. It's only had one spring snap, but i didn't even notice.

A few people have had a clutch go/box go/Coils are a common failure, again i've had none. (Touch wood) Mines higher mileage than some but i used it ever day for a yr. Now it's onlky coming out on dry sunny days and on trips/weekends. It's a very special car.

There alot more solid than the 172/182 put it that way!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Plenty of cars you could get for under 30k that would put just as big a smile on my face. You have to remember not everyone likes to be a posing tw*t tbh.

t**t? :S get a grip!

I'm sure you could get a car for under 30k that could make you smile. Care?:rolleyes:

Italian 3.2 V6
I drive mine V hard. it's done track days and a trip to the ring! It's well maintained as people know, it's warmed up for 10mins min. It's only had one spring snap, but i didn't even notice.

A few people have had a clutch go/box go/Coils are a common failure, again i've had none. (Touch wood) Mines higher mileage than some but i used it ever day for a yr. Now it's onlky coming out on dry sunny days and on trips/weekends. It's a very special car.

There alot more solid than the 172/182 put it that way!

That's sounds good then, just I really want one as a next car but wouldn't want to shoot myself in the foot by buying a car that's always needing fixed, I suppse It's all about a lucky buy aswell as some will duck all the time.. And some will be fine like yours.

What's the average Monthly/annualy cost of them (excluding your insurance)? Much more than a 1*2?

Cheers.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
That's sounds good then, just I really want one as a next car but wouldn't want to shoot myself in the foot by buying a car that's always needing fixed, I suppse It's all about a lucky buy aswell as some will duck all the time.. And some will be fine like yours.

What's the average Monthly/annualy cost of them (excluding your insurance)? Much more than a 1*2?

Cheers.

Nope. Depends on mileage. Ok...I'll try and break it down as best possible.

Fuel in town, 7mile commute for me. Stop start for 3mile of it. Car will avg 17-20 roughly on a 20£ fill you'll set 70miles ish. In the 172 i was getting 110-115.

Fuel on Motorway between 26-30mpg.
Tyres for rear are about 130 for Toyo's
Tyres for front are about 100. Mine are still fine after track days and ring trip.
£60 in Mobil1. Thats it. I've got 8k till my next service

Ensure the car you buy has had the belts done. Mine has.

People think there expensive to run but i'll tell you now it's ALOT cheaper to run than my BM! ALOT

Italian 3.2 V6
Doesn't sound that bad actually, I was thinking they would cost alot more than that tbh. Makes me want one so much more so much sooner!!! LOL.

Thankyou for you help m8! Much appreciated!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You only 3hrs from my door step. If your up this neck of the woods give me a shout and i'll give you a shot. You need to build your own perception of the car. Ignore everyone that has no experience of them.

Some love them. Myself inc.
Some hate them...It's there opinion. You have to accept that they are insignificant and tasteless.

MCS R56
You're a very funny guy gaz..!

I like people that are prepared to think outside the box.. show a little thought and imagination.

They certainly wouldn't be looking twice at a BMW 330 that looks little different to any other 3 series seen on any street in any town all over the world. Nice cars, dont get me wrong.. just too boring for me as a weekend car. Ok to sit on a motorway in, munching up the miles.. lovely. But not even much good around town as most people I know rearly let BMW's out in traffic.. lol ;)

Thanks - I know.

I guess it's what you want from your car. Personally, I don't want people staring at me and my car, whether it be through mocking or admiration. Thinking outside the box is fair enough - put a V6 in the middle of a Clio and make it RWD, but don't make it look like a Transfomer!

As for people letting you out in traffic - depends where you live! No problems so far in Ecosse but I know what you mean, they are jealous not be in a BMW so they make you wait. Understandable really, but I'm a patient guy, so not a problem.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Thanks - I know.

I guess it's what you want from your car. Personally, I don't want people staring at me and my car, whether it be through mocking or admiration. Thinking outside the box is fair enough - put a V6 in the middle of a Clio and make it RWD, but don't make it look like a Transfomer!

As for people letting you out in traffic - depends where you live! No problems so far in Ecosse but I know what you mean, they are jealous not be in a BMW so they make you wait. Understandable really, but I'm a patient guy, so not a problem.

Cool..
Personally, I didnt buy mine as a posing wagon, infact I was shocked at the amount of attention it got. But like I said, thats not why I bought it, if I wanted a posing wagon I'd have bought a convertible. For me, the attraction was having someting a little different. I've always likes small cars especially the Clio and R5, even the 205 T16 and Metro 6R4 and such. I'd really like a 5 Turbo, but it'd require far too much maintenance for me.. so the V6 with its fantastic lines was a natural choice.

Never been a fan of bigger cars.. and to me, buying a BMW is just being too conformist. Having said that.. I wouldn't turn away a Z3/4M coupe or 'possibly' a CSL.. but hats only for the driving thrill.. I can't ever see myself lavishing the amount of time I spend on the V6 on any BMW.

But hey.. it'd be a very boring world if we all liked the same things! :)

MCS R56
Cool..
Personally, I didnt buy mine as a posing wagon, infact I was shocked at the amount of attention it got. But like I said, thats not why I bought it, if I wanted a posing wagon I'd have bought a convertible. For me, the attraction was having someting a little different. I've always likes small cars especially the Clio and R5, even the 205 T16 and Metro 6R4 and such. I'd really like a 5 Turbo, but it'd require far too much maintenance for me.. so the V6 with its fantastic lines was a natural choice.

Never been a fan of bigger cars.. and to me, buying a BMW is just being too conformist. Having said that.. I wouldn't turn away a Z3/4M coupe or 'possibly' a CSL.. but hats only for the driving thrill.. I can't ever see myself lavishing the amount of time I spend on the V6 on any BMW.

But hey.. it'd be a very boring world if we all liked the same things! :)

Hearing ya!

I too never thought I'd buy a bigger car, especially moving from the Cup! I soon changed my mind after driving it. You also get a lot for the money (2nd hand anyway) and the reliability, which I like.

I've nothing against people who like and own the V6 but I don't think it's a good enough car for the money. It's all good banter - well mostly!

MCS R56
Just for fun, I thought I’d survey the V6 with some people from my work. As a lot of owners say people look at them, I was curious to find out the reason they looked.

The 10 people I asked are completely random – some are into cars, some are not. 8 replied within the timeframe - here’s what they thought…

What is your opinion on this car?

*Nice picture of V6 here*

“I absolutely love the V6 and if i had the money/able to afford insurance I would have one!”

“Boy racer machine!”

“It looks alright. Looks like a modded clio. I wouldn't buy it.”

“A bit too flashy for a clio, for me, If I had that amount of money to spend on a car I'd rather spend it on a bigger one that isn't modified.”

“it's still a clio...”

“Great looking wee car, goes like stink and I'm told the overall performance is good, though can be mad if you don't know what you are doing.” (He drives a 1.2!)

“LOL!”

“Do you get a Burberry cap with that? What is it?”

LY 182 FF CUPPED
pan2.jpg

pan.jpg

They are marmite cars I guess to the unknown - but you can't help looking at the pics above and wishing you owned one, even it is just for 1 day -to drive like stink until your body kit falls off, wearing your Burberry hat, racing all the other boy racers in their modded Clio's - thats if you can afford 1???

The interesting thing about the V6 is that the majority of owners, on here at least, appear absolutely incapable of understanding that some people don't even like the look of them. All you ever read is comments about not getting them, never driven one, can't afford one, blah blah. It's really quite amusing at times.

VaVa
The interesting thing about the V6 is that the majority of owners, on here at least, appear absolutely incapable of understanding that some people don't even like the look of them. All you ever read is comments about not getting them, never driven one, can't afford one, blah blah. It's really quite amusing at times.

So true.

If you can afford one and don't buy one you're "insignificant and tasteless" apparently. LOL

So true.

If you can afford one and don't buy one you're "insignificant and tasteless" apparently. LOL

I believe if you can afford to buy and run one, but don't, that just means you're clueless, and have never been in one. It's CS V6 law. It couldn't possibly be because you don't like the look of a bloated, over-wheeled Clio that looks like it was built with no more nails. No chance.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I love my bloat, would never try and influence people to own one - it is a great reliable car, bit different from the norm.

But I went throught all this banter with my VX220 Turbo.......again that was an awesome car.

each to their own.