ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vaccuum Valve on 172 Air Inlet

I know from other posts that the general concensus is simply to do away with air intake system altogether but does anyone have information on just how it is supposed to work. From what I can see there is a vaccuum connection from next to throttle body that runs to the valve.

Logic would seem to indicate that under high vac loadings (ie full throttle) this would open the valve and allow more air in, however I notice that the valve is actually in the open position when the engine is off and under no vac!. Surely it doesnt close at full throttle, or is it controlled by the ECU.

Ill probably follow convention and just remove it, but I am curious to find out just how it is supposed to work

regards

ICE'dberg MK2 172

I believe it closes when its cold so to take in warmer air from the lower intake.

I could be wrong tho?

As they both breath from more or less the same place, I,m not so sure. Still dont understand what relevance the tube to the manifold would have in that situation?

regards