ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Clutch slipping!!!!

Looking for a ph-quick...
Hi all!
i was a bit naughty last night and had a race in my Valver. I normally treat it gently and dont rag the absolute bollox of it!

Anyway, i raced my mate in his 318i and kicked his ass! but..... i burnt the clutch to hell and it stank for bout 10 minutes after. Now it slips wen i change into third and just revs!!!! grrrrrrr

can this be adjusted? ir is it a new clutch??

cheers
Amir

Pikey Truck
Thats a new clutch mate...

tis a few quid to replace, y dont u uprate it...?

apparently its a bugger of a job if u dont take the engine out...

1996 Valver
The Fatty said:
you can drop the gearbox with engine in bay, but is very hard. new clutch (std) is around £55.

Dont think the box drops out.........only can be pulled to the side.

Mine went last year.............engine+box came out
Sorry dude you are going to be spending some£

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Pat_986 said:
Dont think the box drops out.........only can be pulled to the side.

Mine went last year.............engine+box came out
Sorry dude you are going to be spending some£

not if he does it himself ;) its only about 2 days slow working (not pushing to get it finished pace...)

oh s**t!!!!!!!!!!
is it normal for them to fry so easily???

yeh i was thinkin if it was the clutch to get an uprated one! any recomendations.
me and the dude who fitted the engine will do it. if the engines gotta cum out i will do the cambelt aswel as we were runnin out of time wen we put the engine in.

weres best to get an uprated clutch?
cheers for the input guys, shame it aint gud news lol :(

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
i used a r5 uprated turbo one from gsf, i belive its that same as some people sell for £130ish

was about £40

oh rite!
fits the same then?? cool and is it better thean the standard valver one?

and who is gsf???

cheers
Amir

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
gsf

R18914 CLUTCH KIT-UPRATED R5 NEW SHAPE TURBO-HEAVY DUTY 69.00 Add

got that in mine, it works! and its very heavy! but i like it, doubt theres any real difference from standard tho!

clio 16v
standard clutch can take loads of punishment. mine's just gone too, and tahts all i'll be putting back into mine.