ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver fuel leak?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
my valvers leaking fuel looks to be from the fuel filter?is the fuel filter at tho front of the rear drivers side wheel underneath the car?how much are they and are they easy to replace,cheers

Yep, I think the filter is located there - big metal cylinder thing! (I'm not at all mechanically minded, as you might have guessed lol :clown: )

Think they're under a tenner to buy from somewhere like GSF.

Is it actually leaking from the casing though? Or is it leaking from a dodgy connection?

You need to identify exactly where it's leaking from.

I imagine the bit that looks wet is going to lead to where it's coming from! lol

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
The metal clamps erode and slacken slightly, enough for a fuel leak, this happened to me, buy some new hose clamps, the one with the pozi drive, much better than the standard ones that’s on there …

Trophy
I would be more inclined to say it will be the reserve tank fuel pump thats leaking, common problem on the early 16v's.

Mat.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
it was the fuel filter had a hole in it and some numpty had stuck a peice of self vulcanising tape over thee hole,before i bought it lol the fool