ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver into a willy

Nissan 200sx S13
are you seriouse, the looms are the same too? it cant be just a case of dropping the engine in and swapping the ecu can it?

320d
Think you need to swop is the starter motor aswell as ecu and lump

A valver gearbox can be used but ideally a williams box because its stronger

The valver exhaust manifold is better than the willy one in standard form plus this allows you to keep your existing exhaust system

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Why is the valver exhaust manifold better? Ie. in what way? Bigger bore, different material, better design?

And do you mean a valver's starter motor is needed to be fitted to the williams engine? Again, why?

Cheers

i dont think you need the starter motor, not sure why the valver manifold is better, it just is...

Nissan 200sx S13
midge said:
i dont think you need the starter motor, not sure why the valver manifold is better, it just is...

sorry for all the questions, but better for what, top enp power or low down torque. are the cams the same on a valver and a williams.

cheers

midge said:

no offence but this is what keeps internet myths going, if anyone has any pictures of both with bores measured, and obviously ideally any flow results, that would be a good answer.

S2000
as has been said it's pretty much the same engine but the williams has a longer stroke iirc, both engines are identical from the outside. IIRC you can just use a valver head with the williams bottom end.

Nissan 200sx S13
i got dibbs on a willy engine, box and ecu, so it should be easy swap, ive had experiance helping a friend put a RB26 DETT in a 200 sx so this will be a walk in the park. what do i do about drive shafts, are they the same, which ones do i use?

S2000
I would imagine the valver shafts would be OK but best checking that with others. If you ask over on williamsclio.co.uk you might be able to get more help as there are loads on there who have done the conversion.

Is it the car I was PM'ing you about you are thinking of putting the engine in BTW?

320d
The valver manifold is better for low down torque than the williams item

Most valver hybrids keep the valver manifold unless you want to send another £250 ish on a supersprint manifold

The williams has the wider front track but the valver drive shafts are fine to use

As said above a cheap way of doing a 2.0 litre conversion is to use the willy bottom end or megane F7R bottom end

Nissan 200sx S13
donsrno1 said:
I would imagine the valver shafts would be OK but best checking that with others. If you ask over on williamsclio.co.uk you might be able to get more help as there are loads on there who have done the conversion.

Is it the car I was PM'ing you about you are thinking of putting the engine in BTW?

yeah, either that or buy the whole williams, depending on funds, i want a track car mainly, so dont really want a whole williams, it will get stone chipped to f**k and ruined, i will just have to see

ok, just to clarify, ive just had a willy engine put into my valver, all i needed to buy was the F7R willy/megane block and a valver head, put them together and have it put in my valver with the ecu, Thats all you need, i didnt have to buy a started motor, im using the valver gearbox/driveshafts/everything except the engine and ecu.

and Tommy the valver manifold and willy manifold have been tested together and the valver one gives better torque.

midge said:
and Tommy the valver manifold and willy manifold have been tested together and the valver one gives better torque.

better torque?

better torque at low rpm? mid rpm? high rpm?

did anyone record the dyno sheets for the two manifolds? were they used on the same engine? And again, has anyone got any pics of both of them?

thanks,

tomy

Polo GTi
I had a Valver manifold on my Williams, I felt a noticable difference, in that the Valver one was crap, in my opnion, I took it off after a week or so

Audi TT 225 Quattro
ive had the conversion done on 2 valvers and they were but plug and play. got to agree with the valver manifold being s**t on the 2.0l, reckon mines not up to scratch with it on, seems to be down on torque with it on so went and bought i of these this week...
DSCF1325.jpg

DSCF1326.jpg

DSCF1327.jpg

Clio Trophy 463
Hi there,

How much are the supersprint manifolds and where did you buy it from??

Cheers
Dan

320d
Franksx2005 said:
isnt the williams box short ratio.

Exactly the same ratios except the willy has a taller 5th giving it the slightly higher top speed

The willy box is the stronger better built unit

you get them from k-tec although they call them ktr manifold.. thier about £300??? i bought mine second hand for 170.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Williams or Megane starter motor required as the Valver one won't fit on a 2 litre engine.