ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Lights/Bonnet

A3 1.8T
Am looking to change the lights and the bonnet of my 97/P Mk1 Maxim to the valver bonnet and the headlight as the headlights on the Maxim have more of a round shape to them i assume the new bonnet would not fit straight on. So would the Valver lights be a direct replacement with the old ones?

No fitting problems?

A3 1.8T
Any1?

Will the Valver bonnet and lights be ok to swap from the original Mk1 maxim lights/bonnet

A3 1.8T
Thanks mate, also just found out that i need to change the wings aswell to make it line up right.

Caddy Maxi
no you dont need to change the wings to makle it line up right at all, it lines up fine without, i've seen this done 1st hand with normal wings on.

yes you need and phase1 or 2 headlamps and indicators (they are 2 seperate units on them unlike the complete units on yours :)

A3 1.8T
Hmm everyone seems to have different opionions, most people seem to think that wings are needed mite just get them to save the risk of not being able to line up properly

Caddy Maxi
well i guarentee you that they are not needed, you look at a normal set and a16v set and look at where the wider flare starts, its not where the bonnet lines up, he's on RSC if not on here PM ZedX19 (i think) he used to own a green rt with just a valver bonnet on and std wings and it was one of teh mintest i've evr seen

Trophy #473
just need bonnet, lights and the plastic strips that sit under the lights, i did this to my ph3.

nathan