ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver on 19's

Not sure if this in the right place or not, but here goes. Was out earlier and pulled up along side a guy in a valver on 19's, there was cars in front of us so we couldnt burn it off the lights, but once we got in front we both booted it, and well, he couldnt seem to shake me. Couldnt understand it, i expected him to leave me by quite a margin, surely the 19's havent slowed him down that much??

Bigger wheels have two effects. The rolling diameter almost always increases - effectively raising the final drive ratio and slowing the car down. Also the unsprung mass at each corner increases, hampering the handling.

Unless the car was geared and it chassis tuned for 19s then I'd imagine they wont do it any favours.

Seat Ibiza FR
A clio on 19's:
clio.gif

They'd kill the accelaration no end, i've got 19s on a car of mine, and it struggles to keep upto cars which it should kill easily

EP3 Civic Type R
Whhhhhhhy.

I cry when I hear stories like this lmfao...you're story has just proved why big is not always better! 15/16s on the MK1's are definetly the max (imo)

406 passion wagon..
Go smaller overall than standard for quicker aceleration, but will hamper top speed... 19s are just crazy..

I honestly didnt think the wheels could have had that much of an affect! Well I'm happy, kept with a valver i did ;) lol

EvilJohn said:
Please tell me its the R19 and not the willy!!

No its not the Willy.... even i wouldn't be foolish enough to have messed about with that! :eek:

And the 172 is my everday hack, so no worries about silly wheels there (unless mk2 16's count as silly on a mk1 172 :S )

The car in the pics is Phantom46's motor (he's on here) as its a show car i don't think he actually cares about speed.

That car is also pictured in this months Used car buyer mag.