ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver only running on 3 cylinders on start up!

Or sometimes even 2! :dead:

Don't know why it's doing it - it usually clears quite quickly but took a bit of revving to get it to run normally yesterday, stupid thing.

I know it has a service due soon but is there anything major that it could be? Sticky valves or something?? Would it be worth sticking some Top End treatment in?

Just don't want it to cost me yet more money... :rolleyes: :dapprove:

They might even have put the wrong plugs in, i know when i brought my car it had 3 different types of plugs in it:eek:

I'd hope not, seeing as BB did it last time!! :S

I know that my alternator is slowly dying so could it just be that there isn't enough power reserve in the battery due to not being charged properly?

Bloody cars, don't they know how empty my wallet is?? LoL

Skoda Fabia vRS
thats what mine does, start it up, appears to idle normally for 30 seconds, then the revs jus start to drop, if i drive away in that time though it runs bad for a bit then gets better then ok

Clio 1.8 16v
Mine does that sometimes, i thought it was the heater in the oxygen sensor not working. Mine runs well s**t in the wet as well hold the revs at about 4K for 2 mins and it's fine again?????????

Skoda Fabia vRS
well ive bought a new lambda to try however the current one appears to be welded in so im gonna have to get the garage to sort it for me

Mine seems to be alright again - I think it just has a paddy if I leave it for more than a day!

Just like a woman - always demanding attention... ;) lol

Does still concern me that it's not right though, but it's not the easiest thing to track down and fix...