ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver problem

thought i would do a little service on my valver today cause i have only had it a while.
went to change the spark plugs and found that they were coated in oil both sides, any one know whats wrong with it ?
i just cleaned the plugs up put them back in and topped up the oil.

cheers luke:(

do you get any blue smoke when booting it?

Top side i'd hazard a guess that the oil has been spilt when topping up, bottem suide usually means that you are leaking oil and burning oil, either that of the oil has seeped down round the threads of the plug

BMW M135i
Possible rocket cover gasket leaking ? Not sure how it would get to the other side though without bad news.

just been told by a mechanic that its proberly the rocker cover gasket as its very very unlikely to be coming up from the pistons it dosnt smoke and has only done 50k. no real trace of oil in the exhaust so i will give that a go tomorow and see what happens thanks for your help

S2000
RT_blackpool said:
is it a big thing to repair burn? expensive/time?

If you mean the rocker gasket then it's a pretty staightforward job. I'm not sure of time on the 16v but on my RT was a half hour job. IIRC it was said on here tat it's not much more difficult on the 16v.