ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver problems.

Nissan 200sx s14,clio 16v
Ive just bought my 2nd clio 16v, naples red, m reg, it has a few problems i thought id check to see if any1 knows the answer to or has fixed these problems!! if so how do you fix them!!

1. it runs very cold, i did over a 100 mile and it never got up to half way on the dial, iam thinking either thermostat is stuck open or has been removed!!
2. when you give it some stick it pulls from side to side, iam thinking this is the driveshafts as it makes wierd noises when you turn!!
3. wipers dont cancel
4. oil leak from under exhaust manifold, heard it could be oil pump
5. oil pressure dial doesnt work or clock

any help on any issue will be a help!!

Re: valver porblems

1.it may have a low temp stat, or it may just cool very effeciently.
2.could be torque steer, does it switch sides on a slight turn of the wheel?
3.new switch.
4.the leak will be from the oil pressure sender, try tighteneing it!
5. most likely the spade connector on it, if not change the sender.

Ive had a 16v before and it never tourque steered like this before it must be a quick one, but the steerings knocking aswell. and for the cooling, if even you thrash it the oil temp hardly moves!!

cause it was £600 n i need another car as iam doing an engine rebuild on my 200sx!

A lot of people have said that, i dont mind doin the work its just i want to no what it is for definate so i can order some bits!!

Danlp6 said:
some 16v's are dog slow, others are extrelemely quick!

And why's that? If they're all built the same, unless you modify 'em they should all run roughly the same give or take a couple of mph, n'est ce pas?