ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver question

valver
was driving the valver yday when the clutch pedal stopped working i lost my gears and the actual pedal stopped working, the pedals gone all flimsy like theres nothing attached to it. i can move it up and down with my hand but theres no tension in it at all, does this sound like a clutch or a cable. the ratchet looks fine. i also had a new clutch, ratchet and cable put in it year ago and was thinking they might of used a crappy after market part. what do you guys think?

Naples Red clio 16v
Could be the clutch pedal itself, it has a self adjusting mechanism at the top of the pedal and the plastic teeth could have worn meaning they no longer grip on each other causing (possibly) the spring which created the tension in the pedal and the cable itself to become unhooked.

If it is that then the cable is prob fine, as is the clutch, just need a new pedal.

Same thing happened on mine and that is what it was.

williams and trophy
could be either or both of the above in all honesty. my guess is the cable tho.

id replace cable and ratchet/pedal assembly tbh.

Naples Red clio 16v
When i replaced (or had replaced!!) the pedal i had the cable done at the same time as it had somehow been crimped. Should have put that.

You should be able to test the cable by findind it (look at the top of the clutch pedal and pulling it. Tension indicates it is ok, but worth taking it out completely and having a thorough look. new cable isn't much anyway. Neither is the pedal for that matter, was just the labour that cost money!

Valver
If its the cable, make sure u get a genuine renault replacement, do not get one from anywhere else but renault as the non-genuine ones aren't very gd quality and will make ure clutch much heavier and apparently are prone to snapping!