ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver stalling while driving???

clio 1.8 16v
hey,ive recently bought my 2nd clio 1.8 16v phase2.it was fine at first but just lately whenever im driving without any warning the rev counter drops and the engine stalls,theres no juddering or anything the engine just stops:dapprove: ,if i dip the clutch and release it again it will some times bump itself back up,or i have to pull over and start up with the key,one time i just simply pressed the accelarator and it started again,i assume this is a dodgy pump or coil pack any ideas?

clio 1.8 16v
forgot to mention no dash lights come on either,and if i press the accelarator i can hear it sucking in air but no acceleration though??

Clio 1.8 16v
check the oil matey, sounds daft but my clio kinda did the same thing i think :) i do remember puttin sum thick oil in tho. helped mine stop stallin when i put clutch in everytime (even gear changes) but aye simple things make the diff :) hehe.

clio 1.8 16v
i disconnected the coil pack the other day to check the multi plug looked o.k,and it hasnt done it since i did that so i guess that was the problem,stupidly i jet washed the engine might of had a bit of water in it eh,thanks for the reply if it persists i will try all three ta ta :)