ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver suspension options...

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Hi,

lm just just looking at suspension options for my valver, I will be using it for fast road and track. Prob do about 4-5 track days a year so not too many.

Not that keen on coil overs as there quite pricey and you have to spend alot of money to see an improvement over standard.

The option im most keen on is the Williams wide track conversion with williams shocks and Eibach sportline springs.

Are the williams shocks any different to the valver shocks? And will they fit a valver ok?

Whats the most popular setup for valvers?

Thanks

Not that keen on coil overs as there quite pricey and you have to spend alot of money to see an improvement over standard.

The option im most keen on is the Williams wide track conversion with williams shocks and Eibach sportline springs.

Are the williams shocks any different to the valver shocks? And will they fit a valver ok?

Whats the most popular setup for valvers?
Coilovers of good makes ie h and r leda etc are expensive as yu have to spend big with good names to get a god setup

Williams seup isn't cheap but is the best but I'd keep stock springs and stock dampers(williams ones) forgetting other supposed upratd stuff like coilovers if your not using the car as a true all out track car as it makes for a good ride and handling.

Williams shocks are different you can fit valver on them but the camber is all wrong by miles do a search this was discussed reciently there a thread I wrote ages back with part numbers you need to get a williams setup

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I guess a cheap option would be to re-new the standard shocks (as they are worn) and go with a set of eibach sporlines as I was very impressed with them on my 172. The certainly improved the handling on my 172 on stock shocks.

53 Clio's & counting
if it helps mate my old hybrid (14 dead on the quarter) took me round the ring on a set of lowering springs (unknown make as they came witht the car)and koni shocks, and that thing handled like it was on rails, do a search for any of martins (notorious) vids as i sold it to him

very good comprimise between road and track