ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver vs 5gtt

as it says which 1 is quicker as out of the two. a valver with open induction kit full exhaust system inc decat and a 5 turbo with dump valve? me and my mate argue about this daily as the two seem very even? has n e 1 got a definate answer?????

Skoda Fabia vRS

standard the 16v has more bhp, but is it heavier ???

however, 5GTT engines are quite easy to get more power out of, so not many standard ones about really

yeah 16v is heavier. wenever we both go 4 it my mate pulls away from me in his 5 up to 4000 rpm. but as soon as i hit 4000 i catch him up and am just quicker but only ever so slightly. they both seem very even. i think top end the valver wud b quicker.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I only got beaten by one GTT in my valver. Sadly when i say beaten i mean raped! lol

Titanium ph1 turbo

depends on the state of tune of the r5. With a few basic mods such as bigger carb jet, higher boost (even on std turbo), etc you can be looking at about 160-170bhp which will see off a valver...

a dump valve wont add any performance to the 5 though, it just makes a nice sound when you let off the gas :)

Depends on the condition of the 5 too, when at the pod on a renault turbo club event in my 106 gti i managed to beat a couple of 5s, think they had had a hard life though cos some other ones were well rapid. Suppose its down to driver aswell though, just give it a blast, only way to find out.

megane coupe F7R

My mates got a standard gtt. 1st an 2nd gear the gtt has the valver but in 3rd my valver pulled it back in. At 100mph was comfortably behind him. When i say comfortably i mean my foot was to the deck. lol