ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vandalised :( :( :(

Black Gold Cup Packed 182
Went out last night at about half12 to this :(

A local crackhead who supposedly just came out of a coma walked down my street and smashed about 8 windows, he was caught red handed in a van down the road trying to pull the radio out, and im happy to say that said person who caught him battered the s**te out of him :) then he was arrested and spat in the coppers face. Anyone know how much its gonna cost me to source and fit a new window?

Scum of the earth.

Photo-0001.jpg

P

phill172

man that sucks! at least he got the s**t kicked out of him! lol......i had mine broken into just before new years...mine was the drivers window..cost me £70 that was the excess on the window damage cover on my insurance...im sure you could always find a window of a damaged one?

the back windows are glued on arent they? i thought it would of been a nightmare to get one off intact? Think ill have to get a new one....

M

mini-valver

It'll cost you the excess on your insurance mate. I had the 2 passeneger ones put through, £60 and a trip to Autoglass sorted it.

Gutted fella, I was!

Well at least he's been caught. And beaten. Can you not claim off him for vandalism or something along those lines? Surely in a country like this you don't pay out when someone vandalises your property?

My access is more than £150 so i might as well sort it myself then. The c*nt didnt even try to nick anything, my heart sunk when i came out

M

mini-valver

Your windscreen excess will be £60. It's a seperate excess to your actual policy excess. Give Your insurance company a ring and they will book an appointment at your nearest Autoglass, usually the same day.

that will be you're overall insurance excess, there is a seperate one for glass, usually 40-60 quid

edit....beat me to it

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus that's s**t mate :(

As said, ring whoever your insurers preferred glass replacement people is and get it sorted, will only cost you your windscreen excess

Clio 1.2 16v
I had my passenger side window smashed and my head unit taken without the face.What a d**k the guy is!

My excess on my policy was £70 and I had a company come out and fix it within an hour.

See if you can do the same.

or

I reckon your best bet of saving money is going to breakers or scrap yard and buying the glass and having someone fit it in for you.

306 GTI-6
Not every insurance policy has windscreen cover. Mine costs me my normal excess with Quinn direct. They only started windscreen cover in September. I asked if i could get it added to my policy, but have to wait until renewal time.

just been to the police station to make a statement and the copper told me the guy is in hospital with a big gash on his face amongst other injuries 1-0 to the people :)

Clio & Mitsu ASX
Paulie, eventually won't you get the damage back from that little piece of **** ?

Didn't even knew you guys had to pay part yourself for a broken windscreen! With my previous car I had my front windscreen smashed in a case of roadrage and 2 months later the side window (vandalism), didn't cost me a thing...

i spoke to the copper and he reckons that i will have to claim off the insurance company and then the insurance company will have to claim it back from him, but to be honest hes a local crackhead that doesnt have a pot to piss in, so if i did manage to get anything from him it will be on a basis of something stupid like £2 a month. You know what the system is like, if they make an offer you have to accept it no matter how shite it is.

LY 182
did the bloke that caught him and beat him get arrested on assult aswell?
f*cked up system.
you are lucky in a way mate would have been much worse if he missed and dented/scratched the rear quarter

yeh thats what i thought, was just glad he didnt touch the bodywork. Hes out of hospital and out on bail now, police called to tell me that because there was no witnesses they cant prove he smashed all the cars, so he will be charged just for the van he got caught in, such a bullsh*t system, makes me sick.