ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VCP Course - Install, configure and manage. Starting it today

Rav4
Hi,

On the course today, a weeks worth as most of you might know. Hopefully it should be good and will enable me to learn a lot more, do my own study too and pass the exam (third time probably)

Fingers crossed.

If DK found it hard, I will have no chance ;)

G.

Rav4
Update.

It's not too bad, but just into the basics.

All the guys in the course have had at least 6 months experience and been pretty much dedicated to just VSPHERE, so they are wizzing through everything. The instructor is quite enthusiatic and very knowledgable. We'll see how I get on tomorrow.

Fiesta ST2
Done it last year easy course and did the exam the next day and passed. I work with it day in and day out so I guess its second nature.. just studying for the EMC ISM now and moving on to other EMC / Cisco UCS stuff

dk

911 GTS Cab
Easily the hardest exam I've done, and I've done a LOT of exams.

You do need to have experience with the product to pass it, saying that, the vsphere exam was easier than the 3.5 exam I did.

I think need to do the cisco Ucs stuff too, and maybe some ccna, coming across me needing networking skills more an more with iscsi San installs.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Guys I used to work with did it and had no problems, as David says you ideally need to have been working with it for a while.

I've still managed to avoid any vendor type technical certs along my travels :p

Rav4
Course was very good and interesting but doesn't teach you that much about using it, and the labs weren't very well written.

We don't use VMware at work, and don't really have spare equipment to play, so will have to create a couple of test labs at home, trying to decide between a couple of ML110 G6's or HP Microservers, I know the ML's are quadcore little beasts and the Microservers are AMD's but quietness is bliss.

Need to play around with it and see.

Does anyone have any training material that you used? Already been on Simon Longs website and failed the test badly :s

Thanks,

G

Rav4
Cool, 2 x ML 110 G6's with 16GB or Ram each ordered and an HP Micro Server with 8GB and 4 x 2TB disks. This should work for a little test environment.