ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

vectra v6 gsi how fast

Clio 1.8 16v

just wounderin how fast these things are seen a few nocking about and 1 flew past me 2day i tried to catch him but he was gone!!!

190bhp, not bad..

Used to have a Vectra Sport V6.. (Same as GSI but without tuning (170bhp)).. and once it got rolling, it flew.. Wasnt too bad either to 60.. about 7 - 8 seconds, and it was quite a big car!

Clio 1.8 16v

yeah i was goin down a dual lane and it just came flying past me so dropped it into 3rd nailed it to 100 but no chance in catchin the thing!it looked nice to but couldnt tell that much as he was well flyin

v6 vectras are the worst man - if you see a quick one its probably a sales rep in a rush to get home - with a strong wind behind him goin down hill --- and a fat bird in the front.

Most Vauxhalls (especially Cavalier, Vectra & above) are geared very highly for the German market and do silly top speeds given their engines. Its the same with Mercs - a boggo C-Class will do 130mph.

Ellas brother has one of these. Ive driven it on numerous occasions. Not very quick IMO, although the V6 does have a nice note to it.

Heavy car though.

Quote: Originally posted by wkdlad on 17 May 2003

just wounderin how fast these things are seen a few nocking about and 1 flew past me 2day i tried to catch him but he was gone!!!
According to Auto Express - Vectra 3.2 V6 GSI - 0-60 = 7.0 Top speed = 155mph

Yep, the 2.5 v6 is the proper nice shape.. I really like em.

We had one.. but just the Sport. I really liked that car.

Clio 1.8 16v

glad to see sum 1 else likes them as well.i am on about the 2.5 v6 not the 3.6 as that would kill me on insurance!!!yes thats right i am thinking of selling my clio i need sum thin bigger and that does not break down ever now n then!!

I raced a 2.6 V6 (I know 2.6 sounds wierd but I swear that was what the badge said. I have seen a number of these too).

I was faster once we both got pulling on the straight. It would be difficult to catch up with one that tore past on a motorway though.

My dads got a GSI V6 as his company car. Im insured on it so regularly give it a good ragging. Feels a bit heavy at first but it is quick...handles superbly too.

0-60 about 7.5,still a vectra though,cant stop or go round corners,top whack nearly 150mph i think.

if you need a bigger car get a seat leon vt cupra just as quick handles much better doesnt eat fuel like v6 and doesnt look like a vectra,cupra r is very quick only half a second slower to 60 than my 172 muhahahahah!!!!

Yeah, the later GSi V6 versions do handle a lot better, so I hear. Not bad considering that the basic Vectra is hardly a dynamic exemplar. What it will be good at is top speed and durability (mechanically at least). All the taxi drivers lap up the Vectra/Omega/Carlton.

Clio 1.8 16v

yeah lotus had sum thin to do with the suspension n they tweeked the chassy to well so i was told!!i have noticed that door men have these cars to they look good n the engine will cope with all his mates in the car too, and still pull!!sh*t i forgot about the fuel thing how far do u think they will get to £10?i get about 80mile in my valver thats a bit of booting it and normal

They are meant to be 200 bhp .. I used to have one... mum drives it now!!!! 1st and 2nd gear are good... then 3rd feels like you have stuck it in fourth ...

No quick at all really... but ok for a big motor... 172s would kill it.

Lotus tuned suspension ... and a plastic shiny bit around half the steering wheel !!! yuck..

170bhp(SRI) 0-60 was just shy of 8 secs, the GSI 190bhp 0-60 not sure but about 7-7.5.

A friend of mines father had the 170 sri had a quite a bit of torque, good fun!!!

i know i have just raided the achives, but my dad is thinking of getting one of these,

i know its not clio related but does any one know where i can get a road test, ive had a little look but cant find a decent one !

this is for the old shape 2.5 or 2.6 v6 and not the new one

Find one for sale - I guess thats the only way.

Most people would let you or take you out in it if they thought you were genuine I guess.