ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vee 0-60??

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Yeh,petrol must be a killer

long trips - 350miles to the tank 55£ to fill. Avg about 27-30mpg...
To work....lol, Half that!

£roughly 240 on fuel a month. inc one long trip bak to glasgow.

I know thats not brilliant but its not too bad either.If you owned an evo it would be a different story.

I used to get roughly that out of my VR6 so your not doing too bad really

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
exactly!!

one drive in a vee and you realise why they are a special car.

I swapped a ph-quick for a mk1 vee and would much rather be broke due to fuel and have the vee, I cannot live without that noise everyday :)

haha! not wrong, this morning moyles was pissin me off, so turned him down and opened the window!! very few things come close to the vee noise!

I swapped a ph-quick for a mk1 vee and would much rather be broke due to fuel and have the vee, I cannot live without that noise everyday :)

haha! not wrong, this morning moyles was pissin me off, so turned him down and opened the window!! very few things come close to the vee noise!

Spot on! No other car can put a smile on your face like the Vee does. I don;t drive mine now all the time but when I take it out it puts a massive grin on my face and you forget driving a Jreg Honda how many looks the Vee gets. Stopping at traffic lights people point and stare. Definatley, not a car for someone who is shy though!

i wake up every morning and im happy to go to work cos it means a drive in the vee!!

i dont think the petrol is that bad to be honest, its more than liveable. you get 35+ mpg on the motorway, if you drive it hard all the time you will not see a good return on the fuel, but you dont need to drive it hard to enjoy it, even tick over sounds great on the vee!

i rarely turn the stereo on.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i wake up every morning and im happy to go to work cos it means a drive in the vee!!

i dont think the petrol is that bad to be honest, its more than liveable. you get 35+ mpg on the motorway, if you drive it hard all the time you will not see a good return on the fuel, but you dont need to drive it hard to enjoy it, even tick over sounds great on the vee!

i rarely turn the stereo on.

35!!!! you fuckin pansy! I get 25ish most the time. 15 round town!

Do i care...do i f**k...With the amount of Nectar points i'm getting from filling it up i'll be getting free flights to hongkong soon! LOL!

haha, yep i pansy it down the motorway!! i had a scare with the police once so i never go silly speeds on motorways anymore.

round town i get about 16-20mpg usually.

V6 230
I am managing to get 20mpg driving everyday at the moment as use duel carridgeways mostly so that isnt too bad, the 172 only got 26ish. Had a bloke in a 911 stop and have a look at the petrol station the other day lol love it!

It feels a bit light at the front at anything above 80mph plus as said dont need to drive fast to enjoy it, though buying a new headunit was a waste of time as its allways off at the moment lol

Get some pics up of the ex newms bus fella :approve:

I can only reiterate the comments in the above posts, I bet that half who make negative comments haven't even been in nor driven one, typical on here tbh. I still love mine & don't really care that I could be driving a faster car either.

V6 230
Will get some pics up this wknd mate :)

Is still exactly the same except a new headunit so dont worry lol.

I have allways wanted a vee but until I had a ride in Dennisv6's wasnt intending to get one but that noise :eek:

It feels a bit light at the front at anything above 80mph

yeah mine does too, have to keep your wits about you when your at that kinda speed. keeping an eye on the front tire pressures helps it keep control.

i find its comfortable crusing at 70-75mph on the motorway so thats what i do.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Thats why I bought it :)

I collected it last week and its absolutely lovely condition so is goin to be very well looked after.

mk1's are quite different to mk2 on pressures IIRC!

Didn't know Newms had sold his car!!! - Thats about the mintest if not the mintest vee in existance.

get some pics up then!!! Chop chop!

yeah mk1s are different to mk2 pressures, it says in the handbook, 1.4 bar in the front 2.1 at the back. check your running at 1.4 its much more stable up at the higher speeds

when i picked the car some muppet had pumped the front up to 2.2, it was like driving on ice!! even 50mph was hairy!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Sweet :p

The vee shows it's most impressive acceleration around 3 figures - allegedly ;)

Dan