ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vee Emissions MOT Failure HELP PLEASE?

V6 230
Hi,

Just had the vee in for an MOT and it failed the emissions test twice:

1st Test:

CO- 0 - PASS
HC- 0 - PASS
Lambda- 1.088 (Limits are 0.970- 1.030)- FAIL

2nd Test:

CO- 0 - PASS
HC- 0 - PASS
Lambda- 1.046 (Limits are 0.970- 1.030)- FAIL

The lambda sensors appear fine as did a fault read last week and no codes or warning lights on dash.

Car has Quicksilver Sports exhaust and BMC CDA but that shouldnt affect it according to reading a few posts on here.

Any help/ ideas very much appreciated
approve.gif

James

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
my 182 failed its mot on emission really bad but no fault would come up. so they changed one of the lambda sensors and it passed

V6 230
ah ok, only issue is I have 4 lambda sensors and all are hard to get to lol
should be fun!
Lambdas for the vee are £185 each

Last edited:
  ValverInBits
It will be the lambdas. You will get a small performance increase with new ones though :)

It's a shame your unable to tell which one(s), not sure I can help there.
Shop around for the sensors though. on 1*2s, the upstream sensor is over £100 some places and £55 ish in other shops.
I found Central Auto SUpplies good.
I found NGK make a really good sensor, the tip comes protected in the box, the threads have copper slip applied and it worked a treat on my valver.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=314560&highlight=FAO+everyone+lambda

V6 230
I recon you have a very small exhaust leak from one of the clamps by that reading.

First port of call! Make sure there are absolutely no signs of leak anywhere! the smallest leak can fcuk up the lambda reading!:dapprove:

Great advice guys, one of the exhaust hangers had fallen off causing a clapm to become loosened, creating a leak.
All fixed now so hopefully MOT will sail through tomorrow :)

Thanks!