ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Velvet Blue M3. Recent Adventures ...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Thought i'd stick a couple of pictures up now the outside of the car is finished, & in the latter photos ... clean.

First up a weekend away to Cardiff for Sarah's dads birthday a couple of weeks back. As Richard (her bro) lives quite close to the Brecons it made sense for us to take two cars over from Basingstoke and make the most of the scenic, & quite spirited driving opportunities that can be had over the Brecons. Black Mountain road was rather epic, although in all seriousness, the M3 wouldnt know which way the Trophy would have gone - narrow roads, big drops, RWD + wet road = not exactly idea.

Some of the other more open/well sighted roads were pretty epic though. As it was the 1st proper drive of the M3 is really is quite amazing how once you are a bit more 'committed' it transforms from being a bit of a heavy, jerky, slow responding (throttle) truck-like creature, into a thing of immense capability. With Sport mode on, & exploring the upper limits of the rev range, by god its quick, & the noise, well despite the fact it was ruddy cold, the window was permanently down, much to Sarah's disappointment - but my ears satisfaction!! Heel & toe is easy and the whole car really comes together well as a package. Only problem is that 8k rpm in 3rd is about 100, so as you can imagine, on UK roads, you do find yourself changing up at 5k purely for the sake of your licence - which is a shame as the car really comes alive in a blast from 2nd, through 3rd, to the top end of 4th - on track obviously.

Anyways, pictures. The TT is a 3.2DSG belonging to Sarah's mum, the MCS has 240bhp and is Richard's and well, the M3 is mine :D

IMG_1408.jpg

DSC05330.jpg

DSC05335.jpg

DSC05333.jpg

DSC05336.jpg

Then onto last week, which was the annual Surrey Rolling Road meet. Now normally, it being a ClioSport meet i would take the Trophy, but that put out 175bhp in September, so no point taking that again ... so the M3 got washed, airdried and convoyed down with the other BMW's in the FailSport group ...

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

And on the rollers:
IMG_1422.jpg

Luckily for me, its fairly healthy
IMG_1427-1.jpg

So all in all, a great couple of weeks for car stuff, now i just need to lavish some attention on the Trophy ...

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Not sure where my post went from here, could've sworn I wrote something...

Anyway, looks fantastic Dave. Despite what I first thought, I much prefer the clear indicators you have now to the smoked ones.

The roads around the Brecons are mint, keep on meaning to do a Wales trip at some point.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Bearing in mind those roads are 60 miles from me i dont know why i havent ever been over there. Looks awesome.