ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ventilation flaps/vents under hatch in boot

220 Trophy
I think they are the same.

Tony, I've acquired a pair of the flaps but its not clear whether they attach from the outside, i.e. with the bumper removed, or if they attach from inside the boot. If from the outside then the rubber flaps in the vent would let air out of the car, whereas if they're fitted on the inside then the rubber flaps would let air in, do you happen to know please?

182cup & 172 racecar
They need to let the air out the car, ie, when you shut the door, they will flap open. If it was the other way around, you would get the exhaust fumes in.

If you are really stuck, I can go and check on the race car for you.

220 Trophy
​Thanks Tony, would really appreciate that when you get a minute if you don’t mind please. I took mine out a while back because the flappy noise was annoying, but if its raining I get a bit of water/dirt thrown back in through the two holes left. So I now just need to know if the units fix from the inside or the outside (having removed the bumper), thanks Mark.

182cup & 172 racecar
Tony, I've acquired a pair of the flaps but its not clear whether they attach from the outside, i.e. with the bumper removed, or if they attach from inside the boot. If from the outside then the rubber flaps in the vent would let air out of the car, whereas if they're fitted on the inside then the rubber flaps would let air in, do you happen to know please?

You have answered your own question my friend. :)

220 Trophy
You have answered your own question my friend. :)

Yes but they could still face the same way with the flaps opening out but the units could be fitted from the outside or the inside. Obviously it would be easier if they fit from inside as I wont have to take the bumper off.

182cup & 172 racecar
I'm sure its bumper off. I remember fitting them really early in the build.
In fact there should be a picture.