ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vents Not Working on 182 [Fixed]

Titanium Clio 182
My car was left in the dockyard for 1 month. I got into it on friday and the vents didn't work. I tried turning them on and off and it started. I got into it again today and they just don't come on, but I can hear working parts trying to do something, might a flap be seized or something? How can I investigate this.

Thanks in advance. ps I have the 182 with climate control.

Titanium Clio 182
Re: Vents Not Working on 182

I drove from Portsmouth to Middlesbrough last night and the vents are fucked lol. They don't come on even though my climate control is set to max vent. They then suddently come on, but slowly from the lowest speed to the fastest, it stays on for about 1 minute then slowly goes back off lol.

Weird!! Must be an electrical sensor fault or something

Focus RS mk1

its probably the resistor pack, under the scuttle panel drivers side common fault make the heaters do all sorts of funky things when they are nakered. lots of people having this problem recently, doesnt help when its cold either, wrong part of the yr for it

Loads of these threads knocking around.

Its about £90 to replace from Renault, or about £30 from a scrappy. Do a search :)

Titanium Clio 182

its probably the resistor pack, under the scuttle panel drivers side common fault make the heaters do all sorts of funky things when they are nakered. lots of people having this problem recently, doesnt help when its cold either, wrong part of the yr for it

Loads of these threads knocking around.

Its about £90 to replace from Renault, or about £30 from a scrappy. Do a search :)

Thank you both, yeah there is a lot of these threads. Scrappy it is then :D

Golf GTD Mk7

are these common to all climate control clios, not just RS. Or do all clios without climate control have them?

Titanium Clio 182

Can someone please remark the title to this thread [FIXED]

I took it out and when I started to move the fan itself it would kind of work. I spun it manually and it started to go so I must have helped it along. I then pulled it and when I kept my hands on it you could feel it start to turn or try to turn but as soon as I let go it stopped.

I checked the voltage coming through the connector cable and that was 12v so was fine. I then wiggled the cable and it would start and stop the motor turning. I eve greased the connections but to go avail. Anway I hit the read of the motor, the part with the sticker on and it started.

Seems ok for the time being, hit it a few more times also to make sure. It must have been stuck or must have had some dirt in between the stator and rotor. Anyway just added three photos to this.

I've heard a few people have said their fan started working once they hit it. It must just clog up with dirt.

Attachments

• DSC00293new.jpg
    DSC00293new.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC00294new.jpg
    DSC00294new.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC00295new.jpg
    DSC00295new.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 84