ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very odd noise at 2800-3000 rpm

Changes to often
Well a week or so ago i fitted a ktec reccessed exhaust, and started to notice an odd noise from the rear, its a strange vibratey burble at exactly between 2800-3000rpm.

at first i though it might have been the exhaust needing adjusting, but i cant find any place at all there it could be knocking or resting on something.

it doesnt matter if im accelerating slowly or fast, or slowing down, it makes the noise.

there are no noises when going over bumps, going left, or going right.

it doesnt do it stood still.

only when moving and in every gear, between 2800-3000 rpm, and its deffinently coming from the rear and its pretty loud, having the windows does not make it sound any louder, im just compleatly confused. the car does not have a de-cat by the way.

anyone have any idea what this could be? im stumped

S4 Avant
Check your exhaust mounts are all bolted up tight, they can rattle and normally between 2500 and 3000. Also check you havent got any loose heat shields under there.