ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

vibrating noise (Contains video)

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys

Well my car (04 182 with 102k) has started making a vibrating noise as heard in the video below..

My first thought was something driveshaft/ wheel bearing related however I've had it jacked up and there appears to be no noise as such spinning the wheels in the air (I have another video of this if anyone thinks it will help to see).

After I did this it I then started thinking possibly clutch related as it seems as if it may be happening just after the cluth is on its bite point?

To be honest though I am lost with it and could do with a bit of help, it is booked in to my usual garage thursday morning but I thought I may as well ask and give us somewhere to start.

Thanks in advance :)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Sounds quite 'tinny' are you sure it's not the exhaust rattling on something when the engines under load?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
might be exhaust manifold, when its cooled, use your knuckle or a spanner to knock each of the 4 manifold tubes behind the engine.