ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

vibrating sound coming from somewhere

clio 172
hi peeps when im driving and i let my foot of the throttle and the revs are about 35k it sounds like part of my exhaust is vibrating making a anoying tone which part is it likely to be anyone no could it be the cat on its way out:dapprove:

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
35k!!?! wooahhh

you've posted in the wrong section BUT...

Whats the mileage on your car?

Does it only make the noise on let off?

get the car on ramps and have a look & listen

failing that get Kwik-Fit to have a quick look

clio 172
mine does the same, can never work out where it is coming from when im driving the car and cant be bothered to get the car on axle stands to have a look!

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
Mine does the same, gona have a look at it next week when i have it on the ramp doing the clutch. Sounds like a heat shield or sumthing. ill post back next week if i cure it :)

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
P.S. that cats are piss poor and pretty damn expensive from renault

TIME FOR A DECAT IF ITS THE CAT.

from it only making a noise at a set rev on let off it sounds more like something is loose though :)

'02 Monaco Blue 172
I had a simlar thing recently, was making a really annoying rattling noise only at a certain rev. the back exhaust mount had gone and the exhaust had dropped a bit and was rattling against the heat shield, really easy to fix if thats the problem!