ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration at 50mph

Mk1 1.2 & Mk1 172
At first I thought I must have a flat. I was doing 50mph in 5th gear and there was a vibration coming thru the seat. The engine note seemed pure enough and I could not see or hear anything vibrating. However, I could feel a constant vibration in my legs and bum. What could it be? It wasn't the road surface and it wasn't a flat. Help!

fiesta zetec s mk5 / 182
rear wheel balance!
possible rear bearing depending how bad the shaking was

Last edited:
  Mk1 1.2 & Mk1 172
Not completely but not nearly as bad below 40 or above 60.

http://www.evanshalshaw.com/v2/used...xtra details i.e. 1.3 LX hatch&max_price=4000

I think that before the year is out, the Clio may become the car I have kept for the shortest amount of time ever + the car above will come with warrantee, and MOT and will be smooth and quiet. Think on top of the problems I have had with the Clio in the short time I have had it, I have also well and truly grown out of pocket rocket boy racer cars.

Mk1 1.2 & Mk1 172
Yeah someone's suggested balancing. Why would that just suddenly go awry tho?

As for why did I choose it... well at the time, it was all I could afford that was that new and reasonably low mileage. Plus I fancied having something loud and brash. Unfortunately I've owned a BMW and been spoilt by it. The Clio is fabulous as a noisy little road racing car, but I just don't particularly like it. I think I have grown out of it.

j plate 91 449 valver,
It could well be your wheel balancing. it can suddenly go arwy because wheels can 'throw' weights. i know as i jsut had mine balanced and it threw a weight on its fitrst journey! and my steering wheel suddenly started vibrating! advice would be to go to a local garage to get it balanced as they actually tend to charge less than big companys.