ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration coming from boot

Hello. Got a 2004 Clio 182 FF with cup kits. Getting a strong vibration/rattle coming from the boot area when driving forward or backwards on the clutch/light throttle.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
I have picked up on a rattle coming from the rear of my car.....turns out it is the rear plastic which covers where the rear wiper is. Gonna investigate further at the weekend to see if I can quieten it or get rid of the noise altogether.

My trusty lil 182 :)
Could just be the plastic that clips onto the boot lid, mine comes loose from time to time and rattles a lot. Exhaust heat shield, or boot latch if its not tight when the boot is closed are possibilities. Just have to try loads of little things until it goes!

Racing Blue 182
I think I have the same problem mate.

If you take the parcel shelf out does it still make the noise? Mine does. I think it is my Milltek Exhaust hitting my heat shield but I'm not 100%

Renault clio S 1.4
If its any helf seen on several occasions that the rubber holding the back box has nearly snapped and the pipe is rattleing on the axle. Easily missed as it doesn't look that out of place.