ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration when accelerating in 3rd, 4th & 5th

Clio 172
Has anyone had a similar problem... Have a 172 which vibrates when accelerating in 3, 4th and 5th.. I get nothing in 1st / 2nd just the later gears. Has anyone had a similar problem that was caused by knackered CV joints..

Proper annoying as the car cruises at high speeds ok its when you accelerate. Seems something drive shaft related..

J

Jim NM

I would suggest that you have just answered your question.. possible drive shaft or engine mounts maybe! When your drive shaft is on its way out it s usual to find grease around the inside of your wheels , CV boot split is the usual cause. I had that and changed the drive shaft it was quicker to do than mess about having a new CV boot fitted Labour etc blah blah!!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Is it a fine rattly vibration or is it a serious shake yer' fillings out job?

If it is the former, I had an issue at about 4k. It turned out that one of the manifold to cat' sprung bolts was loose and was making a right racket.