ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

video:172 drifts

200 Gordini
1st vid = utter nobs.

2nd vid = Better but too easy to do on gravel like that.

3rd vid = Is the one. Im liking that,

Not once does the tail end step out in that first video?

Oh and drifting is the same as powersliding, something not possible in a fwd car. So no clio could do it anyway?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
drifting can be done in any car in which all 4 wheels are slidihng in a direction opposed to there rotational travel, if you watch drifters (rwd) they slide but at the point of all 4 wheels sliding are they then actually drifting

drifting can be done in any car in which all 4 wheels are slidihng in a direction opposed to there rotational travel, if you watch drifters (rwd) they slide but at the point of all 4 wheels sliding are they then actually drifting

I've always understood powersliding (drifting) to be using the power to keep the car in a controlled slide. Surely in a fwd car the only way the tail can step out is through lift off oversteer or using the handbrake, and the slide cannot be held using the power through the front wheels?

Other people may see it differently though :)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
powersliding and drifting are 2 different things, i should go on a little, powersliding is a technique within drifting also referd to as power oversteer, but not all cars can do that as they dont have the power, (ae86) other ways in which to initiate a drift can be used, the feint is a common one even used by jean ragnotti (look him up, legend) or clutch kicking in a rwd car, the effect is still the same tho, to drift (slide) the car in a controlled manor by loosing traction or grip to the rear wheels and thus having the car held in a controlled slide

Last edited:
  SQ5
Clio's oversteer, completly different thing to drifting! RWD's drift, hence the Evo in TFATF3 was converted as 4wd didn't cut it!

The first 2 videos were just handbrake turns, usually for novas, fiestas and corsa etc....
Plus they were doing it in broad day light!

I bet Steve-o's clio could drift though ;)

Oh and MR2's pile of s**t to drift, weight distribution is all wrong!

I would have pee'd myself if the first dude had stuffed it. Total stupidity.

He looks to have a proper cage in it, that's the only bit I like.

clio cup 172
the second one was me ive got some better vids i gotta get of my m8! was the only 1 on my phone was first attempt. my m8 was in his evo tho an showed how mch better 4wd is

ps will post vids asap

C

cliosportheth

aye tis a nice bit of driving from the one above especially on such a tight road,and yeah the first ones aint drifing at all not that any expert at driftage

Renaultsport 200
Not once does the tail end step out in that first video?

Oh and drifting is the same as powersliding, something not possible in a fwd car. So no clio could do it anyway?

You can do it in a fwd car, lift off oversteer. Some journo did a guide on how to do it proper on a video recently in a 197 cup but I cant find the vid. Ill look later for you.

However, the morons in the above videos really deserve to smash the cars up. I hope it happens.