ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

video cam - front bumper?

Black 172 MK2
hello, im looking into putting a small cam in my front grill/bumper for making some cool track videos etc Now how can i have it wired so i can record it? can i use a digi cam or such like?? Wheres best to get the lil cameras from??

cheers

LY 182 FF CUPPED
go to www.actioncameras.co.uk

we use them for work...awesome company to deal with.

and imho the best kit at reasonable prices

ideally if its quality you are after, I would discount HD cameras as the quality still isn't there.

I would go for a camera ( bullet) type, hard wired to a camcorder in the car and controlled via a lanc remote.
If you then require live audio feed back get a decent mic.
You might find placing a mic under the bonnet tricky as you need to baffle out the wind.

You might need to wrap something around the cabling to protect it from the heat.

You need to make sure your camera is compatible with a bullet cam.

it needs to have AV in/out.

The BBC even use Actioncameras for some of there stuff.

Last edited:

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
do a search on the forum, you can buy a hard drive that you just plug a camera into to record

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I don't think hard drives are anywhere near the quality a mini DV cam is.
Besides I think he already has a camcorder.
as for the action cameras I can vouch for there quality and they are excellent.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
surely the quality isnt down to the hard drive but the camera you plug into the hard drive?

Black 172 MK2
cheers for all the replys guys. ATM i dont have a camcorder no. Im just looking into the bets way to set it all up first.

i have a bullet camera in the gap in the middle of the renault diamond at the front of the car, cable run into the cabin with a phono connector on it....plugs into the AV in on the video camera

LY 182 FF CUPPED
sorry Andy I meant a camera going straight into a hard drive recording device....something like an Arcos etc.
with something like mpeg2 or mpeg4.
You will always get a better result with a mini DV camcorder.