ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Video - Flat Spot kind of

Disastra Coupe
Okay, so my car is struggling with a flat spot just before the 'power band'. But also sometimes it's a lot worse than just a flat spot and it's literally like hitting a brick wall with the acceleration.

I don't lose speed it just won't accelerate any further for a few seconds. The whole car kind of jerk's for a few seconds and the engine sounds very unhappy lol.

I've tried a map sensor the other night, didn't fix it. I'm trying a coilpack tomorrow hopefully (part's aren't costing me anything).

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and if so, how you cured it?

It isn't throwing the engine light on but it is gradually getting worse.

Video, you will notice it twice... The second time being a bit longer.

http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll155/chipvtr/?action=view&current=2a14b54c.mp4

Disastra Coupe
Yea, i'd imagine it would do with a bad earth. I've plugged it into the scanner at my dad's work and it's not got any fault code's either. So i guess until it actually bring's the light on the scanner isn't going to tell me a great deal.

Mk1 16v brooklands
Check and clean earths, these things are even worse and unreliable than te mk1s lol wish I kept mine

Disastra Coupe
No idea's people? Think i'm going to get a gauge from work and try checking the fuel pressure this weekend. See if it's loosing it when it happens.

Disastra Coupe
Surely someone else has had this problem? I've just had a gauge plumbed into the fuel line and there's no loss of pressure when it happens. So nothing wrong there.

Disastra Coupe
Updating this really as help to anyone who may experience this in the future.

So, so far... Not the coilpack, not the map sensor, nothing to do with fuel pressure.

Now, when i first got the car i thought i'd had spark plug's done at the same time as the belt's... It appears not though for some reason. Don't know why i didn't but i replaced them yesterday anyway. Turn's out 2 of the plug's were knackered and cracked. However it has not cured my problem.

Today i took the car round to my Dad's work and scanned it (again) only to find no fault codes. We took it a drive with the laptop still plugged in and everything was working fine. Sadly it didn't do the fault at all though :(

Hopefully tomorrow going to try a Lambda sensor. As i say, the Lambda was switching fine according to the laptop whilst driving. But it's worth a try. Their's no hard evidence of anything being at fault really atm so i've got to just kinda battle through it!

clio sport
my mate had this problem after much messing we tracked it down to one of the big cables that goes from the back of the dash to the engine bay, was earthing out as the protective cover had rubbed away on the cable

Disastra Coupe
my mate had this problem after much messing we tracked it down to one of the big cables that goes from the back of the dash to the engine bay, was earthing out as the protective cover had rubbed away on the cable

Nice one Andy. I'll try and have a look at this! I'm all up for people's suggestion's as it's proving to be a right b***ard lol.

clio sport
its a long story but ,my mate had lots of elec problems the biggest was when the wipers wouldnt turn off ,we changed the wiper stalk ,releys ect but still not joy ,the engine would also cut out now and again and his headlights would go dim sometimes abit like urs is doing ,so we worked out that because the wipers wouldnt turn off and the engine was cutting out ,that it was elec fault thinking at first bad earth ,but as i say turned out that the cable was shorting out on the bulkhead

Sorry I didn't see this earlier would have said straight away pre cat lambda lol. Had exactly the same issue a few months back

Disastra Coupe
The annoying thing is it's been doing the problem really badly and not once did it kick the engine light on.

When we took the car for a drive with the laptop plugged in the Lambda was switching fine too. Really strange. But i'm over the moon to have it fixed!