ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Video Request Janspeed SPORTS (not ultra) -Sound

RB 182 FF
Hi,

As you may have seen I have repaired most of my standard exhaust system but found a hole in my silencer. I like the standard system sound and don;t want anything at all boy racer like (I get enough comments about that already!).

Does anyone have a vid of the Janspeed Sports stainless exhaust? I wanted to go stainless since the standard system rots and fills up with water but all I can find are videos of people who have gone for the Ultra Sports or Decatted etc and these are far too loud for me.

Ive read all the threads I can find about exhausts for these but all Im interested in is it sounding quiet/standard and not rotting so quickly. Also - how long could I epect a new standard silencer to last? AT nearly £400 a pop I want to make the right choice.

Thanks for your help,
NJ

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Won't be many as people that choose these want less attention and not more. Very nice sensible exhaust. Closest to standard noise that you'll find

RB 182 FF
Thanks Dan,

Still undecided whether to go standard or SS, both the same price for parts , not sure how it would affect resale either. I will keep searching for a vid might even email ktec and see if they CAn send me one.

Cheers

Clio 182
Hi NJ, i own a 182 with the Janspeed sports system with a Pipercross Viper induction kit. It sounds spot on in my opinion!!! Quit at low revs and sounds lyk the dogs b****cks beyond 5000 rpm. Highly recommended from me mate!!

Clio 182 Cup
I have a 182 with a KTR/Janspeed sports (centre silencer) system, and matching KTR sports cat.

Understated, 3.5" tailpipes look nice, lifetime guarantee and good quality.

Quiet when driven gently (a "throaty warble" as my mate puts it) but enough to make you smile when you wanna play:) Worth every penny if you like to be discreet. 3-4 decibels louder than standard, and when I put my foot down doesn't have everyone thinking FF6 is being filmed on their high street.

Sorry, can't post video (iPhone is on its way out) but there are vids on Y-tube, just search carefully. Most are without a cat tbh.

Last edited:
  RB 182 FF
Thanks for the replies,

I still havent decided whether to take the plunge and go for it, there are some standard silencers for sale on ebay for around the £350 mark but this doesnt include centre section although mine looks fine.

What Iam going to do whilst I wait for it to fall off is keep my eye on the for sale section see if anything good comes up. Ive also got to take into account the extra £50 for having a modified car on my insurance..... not that everyone bothers with that!

If any of you could stick up a vid from startup/inside I would really appreciate it, but no worries if not. I' Ve seen a few on youtube but sometimes its hard to tell.

Thanks.