ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Video showing Renault F1 Pilot Kovalainen testing the New RS MK3!!!

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
mm he so be forced to say that or is camera shy :) i will take the F1 Car ok ? :)

B-road bully
yeh what is it with renault and high drving positions? dont they kno its a sports car?

i think its that cars designed around ther f1 racers, who seem to be midgets lol

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Its nice but i still prefer the 172/182 styling. Wonder if those side vents could be modified to fit a 182? They do look mint.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Ye got to agree, I dont think renault will be seeing any money from me.. The new civic type-r now thats a good looking car :D

Weeman sucks ****
KDF said:
Ye got to agree, I dont think renault will be seeing any money from me.. The new civic type-r now thats a good looking car :D

Not too sure about that one either, the current one definately looks a bit more aggressive but the new ctr definately looks better than the new clio!

Turbos.
How can you say the new Clio looks bad and then say the new Type R looks good?! The Civic looks like it has crashed through Halfords, sped through FCS and then been virtually modded by the Max Power team.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
^ Cause it does, the new clio looks like a micra with a big bumper kit stuck on.. the whole RS bits look like an afterthought rather than an out the factory job .. take the rear diffuser for example..

The Civic on the other hand looks good, and I deffinatly wasnt a fan of the old style CTR looks. Not saying I would spend my cash on the civic but it is a much better looking car and who can knock the mechanicals ?

Weeman sucks ****
The 172's and 182's are the last of a dying breed imo. Because of safety and the demand for more equipment cars have to get bigger (and higher in Renaults case) so make the most it or buy a caterham:D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
lol,
i'd have loved to have seen the comments back in the day of the mk1 clio,when the phase 1 172 came out

bet everyone HATED that!!!!

Megane Mk4
I still want to test drive one as I want to know if it differs slightly on performance but in all fairness, I think the ONLY reason I'd buy one is because it has a 6 speed gearbox and, I think a lot of people on here will agree with me that the 182 should've had a 6 speed too.

But I think I'll keep and look after the 182 for a fair few years now.

B-road bully
itll look alot different in person, ive seen a mk3 dynamique and they look miles better than a mk2 dynamique. does look lik a micra, tho i dont lik the new sport micras with the clio fogs!

MINI JCW
cliobuyer said:
How can you say the new Clio looks bad and then say the new Type R looks good?! The Civic looks like it has crashed through Halfords, sped through FCS and then been virtually modded by the Max Power team.

Couldnt have put it any better myself. I quite like the looks of the 197 and I will definitely be having a test drive in it.

No more clio's for me!
It's starting to grow on me.....:quiet:

Just looks a little high, especially next to the F1 car, fook me!

As others have said, looks quite compossed on the track, disappointing not to see any 'three-wheel' action tho :(

He must be a bit shy to lean on the front...lol :evil:

MKIII 138
ive just read 15 posts about styling ? errk thought this was a enthusiasts forum. wtf.

sorry but the pulsar gti looks like a toster oven but it has proper followers etc.. its not about styling you cliosport muppet heeds its about cheap thrills and performance per pound

ohh and tha 197 corners flatter than any current RS without any three wheel action it looks genuinley impressive.

Last edited:
  VaVa
Matty Baby said:
driven mk3 1.6, slower than my 1.2 16v!!

Doubtful. My missus has gone from a 1.2 mk2 to a 1.4 mk3 and the mk3 is quite noticeably quicker, especially after 60 mph.... where putting your foot down in a 1.2 is actually pointless!!

I think the new Clio RS looks OK.... Looks much more stable than the outgoiing model (longer,wider etc) but I just hope it's still as much fun.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Very composed. Very impressed...Argh!! I'm liking it more and more!

Can't wait for pricing and standard spec lists, and options!

Tyson.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I think i'll also wait for the Top Gear to get hold of it, they liked the 182, so hopefully they will like the 197 a lot more...time will tell.

Tyson.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
meggerman said:
ohh and tha 197 corners flatter than any current RS without any three wheel action it looks genuinley impressive.

Indeed it does look impressive (providing he was really pushing it of course).

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on one at Brands in August - I reckon it might surprise a few people...