ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Viewed a Mitsi GTO today

Im getting a new car to replace my VTS and fancied something pretty fast, so my girlfiend and I went to view a Import Mitsi GTO 3.0 V6, and Im afraid first impressions were pretty gash! :(

I think the exterior styling is wicked and I know the performance of the twin turbos is wicked but the inside is something straight out of NightRider :oops:

Cheap and tacky as feck, reminds me of Madonna - Like a Virgin, Weird Science and school discos ;)

It has the worlds longest bonnet and feels like a speed boat inside, the garage were sh*t and didnt give any advice to the controls in the car (Its not easy finding your way around a 1990 dashboard in the dark) nor did they offer a test drive, although to be honest I didnt really want one.

Im just hoping the Nissan 300ZXs Im going to view will be slightly less retro-techno ;)

Jap motors of that time have odd interiors and in my opinion are mostly a bit lardy - my m8 had a Celeica GTi16 (not exaxtly my cup of tea) and that was similar. Felt too heavy and inside was awfull. Having said that I would love a little Teggy!!! :D

Thats a Jap motor thats been built for true driving enjoyment! 9000rpm redline? 190 little horses? Weighs less than a Peanut on a strick diet? Yeah baby! Now were talkin! ;)

I agree.

Dont get a GTO, too heavy, not as quick as you think, and lots of electrical problems.

300ZX, a little better, still not all that. The interiors on Jap cars are all pretty much the same, they dont look that special at all.

If your looking for something fast, light and around the same price as a 300ZX or GTO, then Id seriously consider the Mazda RX7. Prices start from around £6k+ for the new shape early models.

Obviously Im going to be bias towards the Supra, but they are a few thousand more than the RX7. Before I got my Soop, I was looking at at that or the RX7, the supra won mainly because I got it off someone I know for a very good price, and I knew all the history on it.

Happy hunting.

GTO is a overweight PoS that handles like a double decker bus IMHO.

They are quite quick eventually, but theres a hell of a lot of weight to drag around. 1560Kgs from memory. This makes them not very nimble either.

Id put my money on a Clio 172 over a 3000GT/GTO anyday except in a straight line drag too 200km/h. The twin turbo setup on those was also problematic.

Also waaaay too easy to steal.

If youre gonna do it, do it right, R34 Skyline GT-T :)

Is that the RWD one? Whats the difference between a GT-T and GTS? Anyway i could only forgive a skylines bad points if it was a GTR.