ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Views on Portable Storage

SchwepTek™
How do people rate the portable storage devices that transfer photos from a memory card direct to hard drive without a PC?

Is it better to just buy a couple more memory cards?

I have found 80GB devices for around the £60 mark!

Also, is there such a device that you could attach your own hard drive too at one end and the camera/CF card at the other?

I won a 160GB Epson drive last year that you can transfer photos over to whilst out in the field, and I've used it twice (for a 2 day race event when I camped there, and to backup wedding photos)

Bit pointless, imo, as huge memory cards are so cheap now. Only reason to use one is if you really really really can't lose the pictures you've taken (such as a wedding)

SchwepTek™
They havent made a new adaptor for the ipod yet have they?

I have seen ones for the older ipods but none for the newest generation.

My dad got one for free. Its one with a built in LCD which is really usefull if your out and about and want to review images at a physically larger size than on the camera screen.

Wouldnt part with good money for one though unless I was going away for a month and going to be taking thousands of photos