ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VIN Numbers

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi
I'm picking up my clio tomorrow and need to check the V5 against the Engine & chassis numbers. Are they located under the bonnet ? Chassis numbers are usually on a plate but what about the engine numbers ?

Was also going to change the oil soon as - Is the Oil drain bolt obvious ?

I know it's a square key type on the bottom of the sump, but is there a possibilty I could find the gearbox one thinking that's the engine oil drain plug ?

Appreciate any advice from those that have done it...

TIA
Deano
:S

Saphire Cosworth
Dunno about engine number.
My chassis number is on a little plastic plate on the dash on the passenger side - visible from outside. This info on mine is also repeated on a sticker on the drivers door shut. I'd presume they'd all be in the same places ??

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Presumably you have to get under the car to see the engine no ?

Thanks for the replies

CB600FS
They are in the drivers door, under the bonnet, and on the passenger side at the bottom of the windscreen.

Sump drain plug is an 8mm Square - Halfords £3 ish jobby.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Is there anything else apart from VIN numbers & taxbook to check for when looking at a 2nd hand vehicle?
I'd just like to be 110% that all is fine and dandy on the legal side of things

Want to look into every aspect as much as I can as I'm very interested in the car I've spotted and seems to have been well-kept by the current owners too :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Is there anything else apart from VIN numbers & taxbook to check for when looking at a 2nd hand vehicle?
I'd just like to be 110% that all is fine and dandy on the legal side of things

Want to look into every aspect as much as I can as I'm very interested in the car I've spotted and seems to have been well-kept by the current owners too :)

Any advance on this? :)