ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vinyl Wrapping Costs?

182 FullFat Cup
As I just had to fork out for a new engine after blowing my bottom end, I'm thinking about going all out and changing the colour of my car whilst I'm at it.
I know wraps are usually cheaper than resprays and was wondering how much a full body White wrap would be?

Thanks in advance

clio 172cup
about £1000 as a rough figure , depends on what vinyl you have ! a fully wrapped car is not something i recommend though especially in white....talking from experience :/

182 FullFat Cup
Thanks for the quick reply.

Why wouldn't you recommend it? Just because of the price or past experience?

182 FullFat Cup
Thanks guys.

I have a week of work coming up so i could look to do it then myself, but otherwise wouldn't find the time to DIY.

Clio 182 arctic
Thanks guys.

I have a week of work coming up so i could look to do it then myself, but otherwise wouldn't find the time to DIY.
I wouldn't recommend that you do the front bumper or the rear quarter, especially petrol cap side as these are the places where the trimming is key and the heating/stretching needs to be perfect.
The best thing you can do is literally rip the car to pieces and do bits at a time, that way you don't stretch the vinyl or get dodgy trimming over things like the bumpstrips or where the bumpers meet the wings etc

clio 172cup
talking from experience ! i had my pug fully wrapped for fcs last year !!! worst thing i ever ever did , luckily i didnt pay for it though ....just needs a lot of looking after n it will mark , problem with mine was that it stained terribly , but it was carbon effect so was a matt effect. Its just not a very practical thing for an everyday car in my opinion

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
That's cheap Fletch,I was quoted about £1800 for the race car.

Oh and link says access denied.

Yeah I was quite impressed myself, they got back to be very quicky too.

As Tony has said that is a very good price! I'm getting my 182 wrapped next week and its costing roughly £100 more than that! They also look like they do a really decent job from the pictures!

What colour wrap are you going for Ash?

What colour wrap are you going for Ash?
I have chosen Matt grey and then the R3 stripe in gloss orange along with a few of the sponsor logo's in orange! Looking forward to seeing it as i'm not 100% on the colour but the main reason for having it is to protect the paintwork and will much more practical than paint for trip's through the gravel trap etc :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I have chosen Matt grey and then the R3 stripe in gloss orange along with a few of the sponsor logo's in orange! Looking forward to seeing it as i'm not 100% on the colour but the main reason for having it is to protect the paintwork and will much more practical than paint for trip's through the gravel trap etc :)

Sounds good fella.:)