ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

viper fitting instructions

has any one got the viper induction kit fiting instructions for the phase 1 172 that they could e mail or upload.

ive got to fit it in the morning for are lass and they ant put them in the box

cheers

baz

Try their website.

Cant be that hard can it, rip off the old one, and fix to throttle housing, mount to suitable point, and find a nice cold place the the air intake hose.

Do they even come with instructions?

u need to get the instructions i think my man, my mate used to have a mk1 172 before his scooby, he spent months trying to fit that thing properly, think u gotta run it trhough the wing or sumthin silly like that, aint to sure myself. in the end he gave up and just put a green cone on it!

good luck mate, someone on here will have the answer

matt

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

I never got any instructions with mine either...

Basically just remove the standard airbox, fit the Viper to the induction hose, attach the cold air feed and run it to a place where it can draw cold air in from outside the engine bay. It aint hard.

it feels loads better seems to pull a lot harder and the throtle response has improved (so r lass says ive not driven it yet)

you can not here the filter think this is because its enclosed but it looks mint :)

Clio 172 Ph2

172baz, You cant hear your viper?! I think you might want to double check that. They sound like a hoover.... a very deep and throaty one!

not really listened to it from the outside will have to have a listern

carnt hear it from the inside cos the exhaust is that loud:)

I had with the viper at least 5,2 bhp and 15 Nm torque at flywheel believe me. And I read somewhere in forum that after viper installation fuel cons. increased nearly twice. I was in doubt until today because yesterday I tried it on highway with 135 km/h. average speed and consumption was 7,6 lts./100 km. and urban driving for today cons. was 8,6 lts./100 km. I think this values are absolutely normal. Not like in forum before was 38 - 43 mpg after viper was 20 mpg. Just for remind my car has superchips and full magnex system but I dont think so these extras will make a difference for my good viper results. For the sounds yes it is making some acoustic in the car same as RB_172 said and nice to hear it but from the outside I dont know.

Ive only had my car for a week and fitted the viper 4 days ago. Ive managed about 350 or so miles on a tank of fuel at about £35 a tank, but mostly motorway driving. So havent noticed any adverse effects, but then i guess id need more time with it.

Anyone had any issues fitting the cold air tubing? Also what have people done with that plastic bit with the neumatic valve just behind the bumper attached to the horn? I need to get in touch with piper cross as the piping i have is not long enough to run to the side of the radiator, and it aint half a hassel to sort it out! But at least once its done its done

i fitted the cold air feed to where the original ones were on the gf mk1 172 which is just under the headlight where there is a cold air intake on the bumper

I fitted my one same as 172baz did on my mk1 172 but under the headlight there is a plastic frame which is for fitting bottom of the headlight in the middle of this plastic frame there is small U type narrow hole (40 - 50 mm. wide) for original cold air intake which is not enough for viper 75 mm. inlet pipe. Thats why I cut this plastic frame to make wider hole for suction without touching to the fitting bolts and frames of headlight. Than I pressed this viper metal suction pipe on the bench to make it oval for prevent touching to the headlight bottom to make it same shape as on the bumper venting holes later on I fixed it. After this installation you can see the complete suction pipe of viper when you look from the bumper venting holes it means you will not loose the efficieny of ram-air.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by CUPPY on 28 December 2003

anyine else had a viper fitted then? what are your thoughts? was mpg ok afterwards
Ive had a Viper for 6 months, there are good gains in mid-range power & torque, it sounds great & fuel economy is no different.