ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media Customers (Ntl-Telewest)

1 Series Coupe
Had a phone call today from Telewest/ Virgin Media, asking us if the services we have from them are acceptable blah blah blah...

In the week i had been looking on the internet and they have got a new package out for new and existing customers, so i thought i would take a look...

So we now have all this for £85 per month!

Phone Size: XL
Talk Unlimited

TV Size: XL

Broadband Size: XL

• Unlimited local and national calls anytime for up to an hour for a fixed monthly fee ‡
  • You can usually keep your BT number
Plus

• Talk International
  • Talk Mobile
Over 105 channels*
Channel line up:
  • 6 Sport
  • 17 Music
  • 17 Kids
  • 38 Entertainment
  • 11 Lifestyle
  • 16 Factual
  • 7 News
  • 1 International
  • Full channel listing
Plus

• Sky Sports & Movies premium channel
  • V+ box
  • Additional standard set top box
Up to 10Mb service
  • Download nearly 180x faster than dial up
  • Always on connection
  • 0.3 seconds to load 96k web page
  • 18.7 seconds to load MP3 track◊
  • email
  • webspace
  • suitable for video streaming, downloading files, sharing photos and online gaming
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=11029

We have most of the above anyway, but its just upgrading what we already have... so we get free calls 24/7, V+ ( virgin medias version of sky+), an additional box in another room, and quicker internet.... All that for cheaper then what we pay now for a lesser service!

SO if your bill at the moment is more then £85 and you dont get most of the above, its definatly worth ringing up and getting this bundle!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
For me...

Sky + HD and multiroom + big package (500 channels ish) = £45 pcm
Broadband including free calls with Orange £5pcm
BT Line rental £10pcm (paybale quarterly)

Virgin... £25 too much??

T

thecremeegg

Yea darthcakes got a good deal, though if u include sky broadband (up to 16mb) its an extra fiver

Fiat Panda 100hp
For me...

Sky + HD and multiroom + big package (500 channels ish) = £45 pcm
Broadband including free calls with Orange £5pcm
BT Line rental £10pcm (paybale quarterly)

Virgin... £25 too much??

Dont sky chuck on loads of installation cost and cost for the HD box etc? NTL's equipment is all free

£85 quid a month, jeeesus!

14.99 - Virgin 8mb B/D
9.99 - BT Line
18.00 - Sky (sports free fr 6 months)

£42.98 p/m and I think we are still paying to much.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
im with telewest at the mo...Virgin are looking to scrap sky 1.
If they do ill ditch the lot cos its the only channel i watch.
Mine cost me 30 a month for bband,tv,and landline.
I think thats a lot!
Cant be bothered with all this hd so i can watch a handfull of programmes that look a bit nicer.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
£36 a month

XL BroadBand = 10MB
L TV package
Normal telephone - free calls to landlines for upto 59mins or whatever it is

you are paying an absolute fortune.

i had the 3 for £30 then said i wanted faster BB so they said well for an extra £6 you can have 10MB connection uncapped and an extra 80+TV Channels..

CHA-CHING

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Admittedly the box is expensive but I didn't pay and have never paid any Sky Install costs.

500bhp Scoob
Just play the competitor card with them, they'll do anything to stop you going elsewhere.

They charge us 99 quid for the HD Box, but we get the full subscription for free, just pay for the box as a 1 off charge, not that I have, I've got cable as I'm not allowed to wack a dish up where I live

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
What he said ^^. When they say "oh its X to install - its very easy to quote the install figures from NTL and say thank you but you're going to go with someone else"..... :) They soon do you a deal.

Last edited: