ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media Superhub 2

Inferno 182 CUP
Got mine installed today.

Looks nice.

Noticed it can run both 2.5ghz and 5ghz simultaneously ..

It finds both networks names.

Should I now switch all my wireless devices to 5ghz? What's the benefit?

5ghz allows faster connections but a much shorter range and doesn't work through walls well

If your sat next to it use 5ghz - if you're other side of the house use 2.5ghz

What the man above said?

I've been using my superhub 1 in modem only mode since it arrived, having the new one would mean I could ditch my other router and a couple of cables.

Inferno 182 CUP
Rang up and moaned like f**k until they agreed to swap.

Looks much nicer and all the ports are now on the back not the side! - so much easier!!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I've had one for 2 or so months (was one of the testers) and WiFi has been rock solid on my nexus 4 and mbp. Not had any problems with WiFi, its night and day between it and the sh1.

There are issues relating to broadband connection timeouts but there will be a fix for these soon, and these don't affect me either.

Liquid Yellow 182
I work for virgin media, with the new super hub 2, depends on what device you connect to it, such as ipads/iphones and new smartphones they can connect to 5ghz and devices like laptops and that can connect to 2.5ghz. This is so it balances out both frequencies on the superhub so that more people can conenct to it in your household. There still might be a few drop outs due to its not long come out. But they are fixing this.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Also...the 5GHz channel is supposed to be less congested. I have the Superhub 1...and have connected it to a Belkin dual band router and works brilliantly. The Superhub is best used in modem mode, as a wireless device it is the sum total of shite.

Inferno 182 CUP
I've connected both iPhones the iPad and the Mac mini all via 5ghz .. f**k knows what difference it's making but I did do a speedtest on iPad mini earlier ..

2.5ghz got 25mb and 5 got 65 .. (I'm on 100mb)

Skoda Fabia vRS
the SH2 cant really be any worse than the SH1 so i might ring up and try and get one, the SH1 is awful