ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vista + UAC + Downloads ??? Help

A well built VW
Running Vista and recently switched off UAC

Went to download MSN Messenger tonight and can't - goes through all the motion set location to d/l to but nothing ever happens decided to try and download something else and same scenario

Do you think UAC switched off is causing this - Ive forgotten how to switch the bloody annoying thing back on and really dont want it back unless i absolutely have to

Many thanks

A well built VW
cheers chris been searching but nothing so far - UAC now switched back on but nothing has changed

tried using torrentz as the software is free so ok to do ;) but its the same

AVG will not run - not looking goood

Cheers harper but i have tried around 10 different sites to d/l and none work think its my computer

Last edited:
  A Beautiful R32
hmm

I have both AVG free and msn messenger running with vista and no problems...

I know its a daft question but have you tried installing/running them as an administrator?

They should both work ok...

Oh and turning UAC doesn't do anything other than leave some annoying mesages sometimes.

Plus make sure that your computer is allowing them to access the internet (Control Panel --> Network and Internet --> Allow a program through a windows firewall).

Hope that helps.

If not try this:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/

Last edited:
  A well built VW
cheers all fixed now (fingers crossed) reset i.e. and system restore followed up by removing and re-installing AVG and all is good