ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vista Ultimate, worth it?

Fiesta ST
I can get Vista Home Premium for £70 or Ultimate for £119, is it worth the extra? I'll mainly be using my PC for gaming.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
its not worth anything at the mo IMO. wait for some service packs to fix bugs first! :)

but i would get the ultimate when the times comes over the home!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
anyone having problems playing games on it, i did with the beta not tried the new full version...

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Got Vista Ultimate 64 running on a couple of old machines and haven't had a single problem. It's very pretty and eats memory and hard drive space.. thats about all it does...

Leon Cupra
i hear loads of people saying to wait for SP1 before using vista because of all the bugs it has. but ive been using ultimate for a month now and not had one single problem with it. All my hardware and devices were either recognised write away by vista or had drivers online.

By the amount of scare mungering ive read i expected blue screens every 5 mins.

Roadster Coupe
personally I wouldnt even go near vista, i put it on my pc and within 5 mins of using it I put xp back on. Vista is the worst OS ever!!!

I'm running it on my Macbook Pro at the moment.
I wouldn't use anything other than Ultimate tho.. personally.

Yaris Hybrid
In answer to the original question: No it is not worth it.

But people just like to get the most expensive version for some reason.

A bit like how everyone used to spend more buying XP Pro instead of XP home when 99% of them never used the extra features.

:rolleyes:

Ultimate version - perhaps not worth the extra over Home Premium.

Vista generally? I love it, but expect some potential issues if you're putting it on an XP machine, deal with them like a man, and you'll be fine. Alternatively, you could rant on about how bad it is on an internet forum because the beta/pirate (delete as applicable) version you tried, didn't suck you off and isn't made by Apple ;)

R

rich[182]

I dont understand why people feel the need to move from XP to Vista NOW
Ive run XP Pro SP2 for ages, never missed a beat, great for pc gaming + all apps, i may change next year when i build new pc gaming rig

^^Just because they can perhaps? It's a good thing there are early adopters, or the service packs you're all jacking off over would never appear ;)

Not a Clio
rich[182];2605736 said:
I dont understand why people feel the need to move from XP to Vista NOW
Ive run XP Pro SP2 for ages, never missed a beat, great for pc gaming + all apps, i may change next year when i build new pc gaming rig

Because it's shiny and new, I guess it's a bit like going from a 182 to a 197. 182 has probably done you well and there's nothing wrong with it but the 197 is newer.

Edit: Thanks Tom ;)

Last edited: